GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Russia 6, Canada 5 ‎(Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter915

Feb 2, 2010
gotta laugh at the Americans that are poking fun at the Canadian loss

"We lost all of our games, but since you guys can't win gold either, YOUR TEAM SUCKS!"
I think it's because of the different expectations. Anything but gold for Canada is basically the same as what we, the US, is doing now...ie, not medaling at all.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I wanna track down Jenner and pull a Tupac on him. That idiotic and selfish spearing penalty cost us the game :facepalm:

I am not sure it cost us the game but it was painfully selfish and stupid.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I gotta say I was really hoping for a repeat of '84, yea it would ruin the image of Canada and Russia and the Sweds would win gold by default but it would be interesting to watch live. :sarcasm:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They might not have staged the comeback if the score hadn't been what it was.

All of the "what-if" stuff really doesn't work after the fact.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
I still can't believe the 6-1 goal, did he think the Russians were getting the penalty?

Talk about giving up on the play when everyone else on the ice is still moving their feet.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
if we had played the whole 60 minutes we could have won, instead we we took undisciplined penalties, and we played as if we were guaranteed a victory. We deserved what we got.

btw I still hate Murray.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Cycle, cycle, cycle... why did it take 50 minutes for Canada to relearn how to beat Russian defenders?

Sigh... great comeback by Canada and tip of the helmet to the Russians who capitalized on their chances with some nice rushes.

Ramon108

Apr 3, 2011
Omsk, Russia
What a game! It is a pity that Russia many allow Canadians in the third period. But most importantly, that we won! In the second period showed a real champions game.
P.S. As always referee a bad judge, still do not understand why not delete Connolly. The game could have very different ways to go.
Now in the final to take revenge on Sweden. Let's go Russia!

4thliner*

so why did we not crowd the net like that when we quit in the 2nd.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
gotta laugh at the Americans that are poking fun at the Canadian loss

"We lost all of our games, but since you guys can't win gold either, YOUR TEAM SUCKS!"

Take it as a compliment. There aren't many nations that are categorized as "sucking" because they weren't able to crack the gold medal game for the 11th consecutive year.

sounds like most canadian fans. Congratulations on being either the 3rd or 4th place loser. NANANANANANANA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE

How life in relegationland? Maybe someday you guys will be able to medal in consecutive years for a SECOND time.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
One of the best junior games ever.

Vastly disagree

- Canada is horse's anus for 2 periods, doing stupid things, taking bad penalties
- I don't appreciate games with a lot of lucky deflections. I prefer skill not luck. Russia built that lead on Canada being crap and those bounces. Meh to that.
- Russia plays like complete horses anus from 6-1 to 6-5 in the 3rd

And my biggest problem... literally the two worst calls I've seen in my life (not calling the Connelly push, or the breakaway slash). Those refs should be suspended or fired. When you're not calling the most obvious penalties there can possibly be just because a team is up a lot, you're doing your job wrong and someone can do it better. Russia winning averted a disaster tonight for the sanctity of international hockey reffing

Sif

Jan 2, 2010
Yakupov interviewed by Swedish television - confirmed for being adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad