Seider

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like to see Gost playing first pair . Looks like him and Larkin need to spend more time together. Make second line first , just for few games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1698569777511.png

New updated player card.

Wonder how that OFFENCE is so bad, if guy is scoring point per game.

But of course, these cards are 3-year averages, weighing more the season going on and last season, which wasn't so good.

Don't like that PK number.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
View attachment 759769

New updated player card.

Wonder how that OFFENCE is so bad, if guy is scoprig point per game.

But of course, these cards are 3-year averages, weighing more the season going on and last season, which wasn't so good.

Those cards never seem to really adjust properly for that ”competition” stat. 100% is brutal.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
View attachment 759769

New updated player card.

It is Ev offence, where EV = even strength, Most of Seider's points come from the PP.

Also, I would guess that those EV Offence and Defence numbers are based on expected goals for and against. More than points / goals for.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
View attachment 759769

New updated player card.

his xGF and on ice GF aren't great. I don't know how the PP% is so low when he's produced well on it. And last season was 8 fewer points than his rookie season in 10 TOTAL minutes more for the season. Also shot attempts are way down.

There's gotta be something off in that formula.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Looking at the Walman-Seider pairing, they're 7th in the league in icetime together.

Defensive Pairs - Natural Stat Trick

30 Ozone faceoffs, 40 neutral zone, 40 defensive zone. Then 41.18 offensive zone starts. He's being deployed in a shutdown role and easily facing the strongest competition of anyone on Detroit. Walman also isn't having as strong a season as last year but is still doing better than DeKeyser and Chiarot with him.

I think one of the keys to unlocking the most from Seider is Detroit having a better 2nd pair. Gostisbehere has been terrific offensively but only OK defensively. Chiarot-Holl has actually looked alright lately as the 3rd pair while Maatta and Petry have kind of stunk up the joint. So we're probably one Edvinsson away from Mo having an easier lift.

Last edited:

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Tied for league lead with 10. Is Seider about to have a monster year and cash In big-time? Can he keep pace and garner some Norris votes this year?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Tied for league lead with 10. Is Seider about to have a monster year and cash In big-time? Can he keep pace and garner some Norris votes this year?
He's guaranteed votes if he goes 1PPG, but it's way too early to extrapolate.

Also, Fox has 11 in 9 games and Makar has 9 in 8 games. All else being equal, goals count more than assists in Norris voting. +/1 factors in as well because it's "supposed to" be a defensive award.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fox has insane advanced stats, gonna get hype from there.

But I just did bet Makar for Norris. Also small bet for Fox as a plan B, if Makar has an injury.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Mo is just trying to do too much. He needs to learn when to be physical, when to jump up and when to stay home.

He's trying to be a PP quarterback, an elite defensive defenseman and a tough guy. But, very few can do all of that and they're all either going to the Hall of Fame or they're already in it.

He's still only 22 ... and he's going to be absolutely elite in some fashion, but he's trying to carry too much of the load right now. He needs to calm down strangely enough.

Reactions: DamonDRW

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Fox has insane advanced stats, gonna get hype from there.

But I just did bet Makar for Norris. Also small bet for Fox as a plan B, if Makar has an injury.

He also just played a western canada road trip. Edmonton, Calgary, Seattle, Winnipeg. The only game that was a challenge was Vancouver. The western conference is not looking good at all right now.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He also just played a western canada road trip. Edmonton, Calgary, Seattle, Winnipeg. The only game that was a challenge was Vancouver. The western conference is not looking good at all right now.
The Wings went 1-1-1 against 3 of those teams at home, including a 4-1 loss to Winnipeg.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It's early, but he's pacing to put up 82 points. And go -8. :oops: So I'm sure there will be some ups and downs. The point production is the biggest surprise if you remember people were saying he had limited offensive skills when he was drafted. That looks really foolish right now. I'd be fine with him toning down the physical play, but it's part of his identity so hopefully he can pick his spots.

Not much to complain about right now and when we have Edivinsson, Wallinder and Sandin-Pelikka in the lineup we are going to be straight up naaastayyy.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The Wings went 1-1-1 against 3 of those teams at home, including a 4-1 loss to Winnipeg.

Great. The wings had a cold streak as another team had a hot streak. The Rangers also lost to Nashville and Columbus. What do you extrapolate from that?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's early, but he's pacing to put up 82 points. And go -8. :oops: So I'm sure there will be some ups and downs. The point production is the biggest surprise if you remember people were saying he had limited offensive skills when he was drafted. That looks really foolish right now. I'd be fine with him toning down the physical play, but it's part of his identity so hopefully he can pick his spots.

Not much to complain about right now and when we have Edivinsson, Wallinder and Sandin-Pelikka in the lineup we are going to be straight up naaastayyy.

I mean even as a rookie he put up 50 points on a team where nobody even had 70 so it's looked foolish for a long time at this point

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I mean even as a rookie he put up 50 points on a team where nobody even had 70 so it's looked foolish for a long time at this point
True, but right now he's pacing to be a PPG d-man. That is absurd given projections from when he was drafted. He's going to get big minutes and he's going to play with our best forwards, time will tell whether he can consistently put up points. That assist on Compher's goal last night was something you'd expect from Victor Hedman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Great. The wings had a cold streak as another team had a hot streak. The Rangers also lost to Nashville and Columbus. What do you extrapolate from that?
It tells me that you play the Wings to break a cold streak? Nothing like playing a shitty D to gain offensive "confidence", lol.

It's early season, some teams start out slow which is the norm. The Wings are an anomaly with their hot start every season even when they suck.

Flames are a dumpster fire (or dumpster flame), Oilers and Kraken will find their grooves sooner or later, and the Jets are mediocre as usual.

True, but right now he's pacing to be a PPG d-man. That is absurd given projections from when he was drafted. He's going to get big minutes and he's going to play with our best forwards, time will tell whether he can consistently put up points. That assist on Compher's goal last night was something you'd expect from Victor Hedman.
I doubt you see other teams leave a forward uncovered like that too often, but that was a thing of beauty for sure, The other forwards need to learn how to find open ice like that.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It tells me that you play the Wings to break a cold streak? Nothing like playing a shitty D to gain offensive "confidence", lol.

It's early season, some teams start out slow which is the norm. The Wings are an anomaly with their hot start every season even when they suck.

Flames are a dumpster fire (or dumpster flame), Oilers and Kraken will find their grooves sooner or later, and the Jets are mediocre as usual.

I doubt you see other teams leave a forward uncovered like that too often, but that was a thing of beauty for sure, The other forwards need to learn how to find open ice like that.

You must be fun at parties.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kind of same overall number, as JFresh is currently giving.

Even though scoring point/game, there's some other stats drawing the overall number down. ARhockeyStats will give some stats to be looked for free, but they will hide those TRANSITION-stats behind a paywall.

Those transition stats are what really makes a defenceman value.

I could believe Seider has very high transition values, because that's his biggest strength and that average is still high, including the low defensive numbers. And also that defensive difficulty is hidden number.... we know that's high number.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is such a good player, I am so happy we have him. A bit surprised we are not leaning on him more though given his age/talent? I envisioned him being like a 25+ min a night guy in his prime, and right now he is playing 22:54, which is 43rd in the league.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He is such a good player, I am so happy we have him. A bit surprised we are not leaning on him more though given his age/talent? I envisioned him being like a 25+ min a night guy in his prime, and right now he is playing 22:54, which is 43rd in the league.

It's early in the season. I expect those numbers to bump up by the all star break.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00