Seguin at $9.85M or Tavares at $11M

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Why? Leafs players usually get a boost in polls(sheer number of leafs fan), you guys really need to stop crying victim every time something happens you don't agree with

Completely incorrect. Yes we have the largest fan base but the amount of haters, especially with isles fans now, out number us by far. This isn't just something I don't agree with, it's an absolute fallacy. Seguin is good. Tavares is great.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Completely incorrect. Yes we have the largest fan base but the amount of haters, especially with isles fans now, out number us by far. This isn't just something I don't agree with, it's an absolute fallacy. Seguin is good. Tavares is great.
tPvbV4OfLbgcERXPv722tqo9FVQYUwAewJeWW2EoGDMpvg-8TcnGvvHJGWLrrByAa0jxB6753tZHwBDVTpFo7oTyM_6Zcbf9Lnf3RTQeDmdWcltNlf3s1DvGSg6kPSUD3kQFdA89

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Evidence of Players in polls before and after joining the leafs say otherwise, but that doesn't fit the victim mentality, so keep on it

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Contracts aside for a moment at least Tavares being a finalist for the Hart Trophy has shown he is able to lead a team, where as Seguin has not been his teams best player. So despite him being a #1 centre for the Stars I think everyone would say Jamie Benn is their best player.

You can’t put the contracts aside and last season Seguin was def the Stars best player.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Contracts aside for a moment at least Tavares being a finalist for the Hart Trophy has shown he is able to lead a team, where as Seguin has not been his teams best player. So despite him being a #1 centre for the Stars I think everyone would say Jamie Benn is their best player.

Dead wrong.
clumsyphonycorydorascatfish

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What? lol

Seguin is a better skater, his game will be more sustainable in a game that is trending more and more towards skating. He is also younger at 26. Tavares is going to be 28 in 5 days. The poll is spot on. 73% to 27% for Seguin. His game is not going to age as badly as Tavares game will.

member 147413

Seguin is a much better skater, so that could be his reasoning.
Tavares has been an elite player his whole life while never being a “top end” skater. If anything it means the exact opposite as Seguin has never had to play “a step behind”, which will happen as he ages.

Players who see the game as well as Tavares, tend to “age” well. Look at Thornton. Seguin while elite and an incredibly smart player, doesn’t see the ice as well as Tavares.

Reactions: La Masse

member 147413

Seguin is a better skater, his game will be more sustainable in a game that is trending more and more towards skating. He is also younger at 26. Tavares is going to be 28 in 5 days. The poll is spot on. 73% to 27% for Seguin. His game is not going to age as badly as Tavares game will.
I would love to be believe in your prophetic abilities, but your crystal ball is wrong on 90% of its readings.

As per the thread. I would take Tavares, he’s a better fit for the Leafs and is far more versatile in his role for us. As he ages and can’t play anymore because he’ll forget how to skate, he’ll be sheltered by our incredible depth, which Seguin doesn’t have comparable top end depth in Dallas.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Evidence of Players in polls before and after joining the leafs say otherwise, but that doesn't fit the victim mentality, so keep on it

Tavares was voted like 4th or 5th best centre on HF polls before coming to the Leafs, now Tyler Seguin is supposed to be better, lol. So yeah, evidence of players in polls before and after joining the Leafs say otherwise.

Also, every and any list you can find put out recently by TSN, THN, NHL Network, SN, and NHL.com has Tavares either within the top 10 C's or just outside it, and all have him well ahead of Seguin.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad