Injury Report: Sebastian Aho out and day to day with Lower Body Injury

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The team is steadily getting better and not having Aho seems to have made them up their defensive play a bit. We also have some guys playing better down the lineup than they have at any time this year.

As I've said all along, as long as we are well clear of the playoff line, we have the luxury of time. There's no reason to worry about most specific injuries, and definitely no reason to rush to make any roster moves.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The team is steadily getting better and not having Aho seems to have made them up their defensive play a bit. We also have some guys playing better down the lineup than they have at any time this year.

As I've said all along, as long as we are well clear of the playoff line, we have the luxury of time. There's no reason to worry about most specific injuries, and definitely no reason to rush to make any roster moves.
Agreed. Patches and Aho should be fresher come playoff time than they would have been. A positive for sure.

Hopefully the LBI is not chronic this season (ie hamstring versus bone issue).

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lol at them calling it day to day

As I said earlier, same thing as when they called Freddie day to day going into the playoffs last year. Wouldn't be completely surprised if Aho is out for a month+ at this rate.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Agreed. Patches and Aho should be fresher come playoff time than they would have been. A positive for sure.

Hopefully the LBI is not chronic this season (ie hamstring versus bone issue)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Lol at them calling it day to day

As I said earlier, same thing as when they called Freddie day to day going into the playoffs last year. Wouldn't be completely surprised if Aho is out for a month+ at this rate.
giphy.gif

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Nice, sound like he's very close to returning. With how well we're playing without him I definitely wouldn't rush it though, give him all the time he needs to get to 100%
Sounds like he's flat out ready, but Rod wants him in a practice to get him back up to speed- which means that Rod isn't feeling like getting him into the lineup is actually urgent at this stage in the season. A little bit of load management, I suppose.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm sure I'm putting too much into this, but part of me thinks that Rod's management of guys like Aho during injury will help us sign veteran UFAs. The word will get out that we won't rush anyone back to play if they are not 100%, and also we won't put you on LTIR if you want to play for cap reasons. I put a lot of faith in Rod, especially knowing that we won't ever just outright say what the injury is to the league, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm sure I'm putting too much into this, but part of me thinks that Rod's management of guys like Aho during injury will help us sign veteran UFAs. The word will get out that we won't rush anyone back to play if they are not 100%, and also we won't put you on LTIR if you want to play for cap reasons. I put a lot of faith in Rod, especially knowing that we won't ever just outright say what the injury is to the league, for obvious reasons.
So Rod's playing 8D chess?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Brindy was on a podcast the other day (think it was Ray and Dregs) and mentioned how they've tried to tax the guys less this year with fewer practices and morning skates. They were going with the belief that you aren't going to get much out of guys by practicing when they are tired. Quick video meetings and the guys are smart enough to implement changes in the game environment as needed. I think that's a good strategy. It does hamper your ability to bring a guy back if you require a practice, especially considering I think I saw they cancelled the practice they would have had yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad