Speculation: Seattle Expansion Draft Thread.......

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
This roster looks terrible. Pacific division looking even weaker than we thought.

Out of the 8 teams in the PAC, only two were playoff teams last year. And I don't think this Seattle team is going to be very good.

A turtle race to the basement! Gonna be rough to watch some nights.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
This doesn’t help with the too many forwards problem.

Iafallo – Kopitar – Arvidsson
Kempe – Vilardi – Frk
Andersson – Byfield – Brown
Moore – JAD – Wagner

Lemieux, Grunstrom, and Lizotte extras.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

Kempe – Vilardi – Frk
Moore – JAD – Wagner

I think Kupari beats out either Frk/Grundstrom. Turcotte making the team would not surprise me either.

Reactions: kinghock

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Ron Francis takes a very conservative long term approach (just look at how he managed Carolina).

So it's not surprising he wants to stockpile draft picks by making side-deals. But this approach will hurt Seattle's competitiveness for this season.

Reactions: BigKing

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Kempe – Vilardi – Frk
Moore – JAD – Wagner

Blake can always trade or waive some of them.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Ron Francis takes a very conservative long term approach (just look at how he managed Carolina).

So it's not surprising he wants to stockpile draft picks by making side-deals. But this approach will hurt Seattle's competitiveness for this season.

Yeah. He never seemed like a guy that was going to be interested in a bunch of big contracts and, if he did take one, there would be compensation for it.

Two good drafts coming up. Seattle will be stoked to have a team regardless and there is no NBA team to compete with. They can afford to take their time.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Losing MacDermind was probably the best case scenario for us. He had the lowest xGF% in the NHL this season - I like the guy and his physical presence, but I think most of us realized he was a fringe 7th D-man at best.
Yep, I have my own theory on why Seattle took him and it has little to do with protecting the troops on the ice. They of course know he's a huge liability and simply not good enough to play if you're trying to win. If he even makes the team he will be a healthy scratch. No, he's there to keep the peace "in" the locker room. He should be perfect for that role being well liked as a locker room guy and of course with an indirect tie to management. If I'm not mistaken their minor league affiliate this year is in Tacoma (which is right there) not sure what the rules are on getting sent down but if he gets put on waivers he won't get picked up and he will still be close to the team.

You have to figure anytime you throw a ton of guys in a room together some won't mix well -- some might be bitter, unmotivated etc. Pretty cheap insurance since the Kings didn't really have anyone available that could move the needle. So why didn't Vegas have a problem? For starters the other GM's left them with a terrific team right out of the box (kudos to their management) and then you had Mandalay Bay.

Reactions: funky

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Larsson picked Seattle over Edmonton for the same money and term. OiLOLers!

Which leaves their defense undersizesd and relatively inexperienced.

Adam Larsson leaves Edmonton Oilers for Seattle Kraken | Edmonton Sun

The Oilers have some good puck movers on staff, but they need to find size and experience somewhere for a team that has only two defenceman (Lagesson and Nurse) who weigh more than 200 pounds and only three who’ve played more than 132 games in the NHL.

Rumor that they are trying to sign Barrie, which might help offensively, but not defensively.

If SMith is their starter, with that d, how long before MacDavid wants out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad