Speculation: Seattle Expansion Draft Thread.......

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I went with 7 / 3 / 1 .......

1) Kopitar
2) Iafallo
3) Kempe
4) Wagner
5) Andersson
6) Frk
7) Grundström

1) Doughty
2) Walker
3) Roy

1) Peterson

Last edited:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

1) Kopitar
2) Iafallo
3) Kempe
4) Wagner
5) Andersson
6) Frk
7) Grundström

1) Doughty
2) Walker
3) Roy

1) Peterson

Of course, it may change as the season goes, but this is exactly what I came up with if it were held today.

Reactions: Basilisk

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Of course, it may change as the season goes, but this is exactly what I came up with if it were held today.

I'm not even convinced we'll have a season!!! California has a governor who's convinced all types of games played at any types of arenas are currently "bad".......

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

1) Kopitar
2) Iafallo
3) Kempe
4) Wagner
5) Andersson
6) Frk
7) Grundström

1) Doughty
2) Walker
3) Roy

1) Peterson

Mine's similar. This will be an important year for a few players though: Wagner, Frk, Grundstrom, and Lizotte up front and Walker, Maatta, and Clague on the back. I think that Kopitar, Iafallo, Kempe, Andersson, Doughty, and Roy are locks.

Either way, I wouldn't say that any of the potential losses really hurt our franchise.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The only one that would sting would be Dustin Brown if for some reason they nab him. I would even throw in a late pick if I had to keep him, but there is nothing you can do and he will likely go unclaimed.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
The only one that would sting would be Dustin Brown if for some reason they nab him. I would even throw in a late pick if I had to keep him, but there is nothing you can do and he will likely go unclaimed.

I'd be shocked if they chose Brown, Carter, or Quick. I think we're sleeping on Lizotte though, he's a perfect fourth-line center. Plays his tail off.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I'd be shocked if they chose Brown, Carter, or Quick. I think we're sleeping on Lizotte though, he's a perfect fourth-line center. Plays his tail off.

I don't know. I kept saying for the Vegas expansion draft that Brown would be the guy that I'd take from the Kings. But a few years have past and there's far less term on his contract......to me, Brown's now a less attractive option. But Quick, OTOH......

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Can teams agree to conditions on expansion picks? For example, if LA says "if you take Quick, you can have Carter too" and Seattle agrees, is that locked in with the NHL or is it more of a gentleman's agreement?

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Can teams agree to conditions on expansion picks? For example, if LA says "if you take Quick, you can have Carter too" and Seattle agrees, is that locked in with the NHL or is it more of a gentleman's agreement?

Why would Seattle want Quick and Carter though?

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Why would Seattle want Quick and Carter though?

I dunno, it was a hypothetical of what the stipulations would be around an expansion draft that was more than just a simple single player selection, a la anaheim and vegas. Is it back door agreements or are these announced to the NHL with the understanding of "if this, then that" which both parties can't back out of.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
They'll take those higher AAV contracts as part of a "we'll pick your cap dump in the draft for a pick" transaction.

We're not paying picks to them.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Biggest X factors I think are Clague and Maatta and how they play. If they play badly it makes things easy for the Kings. You just do 7/3/1 and keep your most promising forwards. But if Clague plays well or management feels Maatta is a great fit, it opens a lot of options for Seattle at forward.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Iafollos contract expires at the end of the season. I believe I am correct that with Vegas some teams had handshake agreements with UFAs on their deals but did not sign them until July 1 so that they did not have to protect them. This opens a spot for Anderson to be protected.

Maata won't be protected with only one year remaining on his contract.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad