Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
So what's the over/under for when the oilers ask for some sort of playoff deposit? 80 points? March 1st?

Lawgirl

Mar 29, 2006
Edmonton
So what's the over/under for when the oilers ask for some sort of playoff deposit? 80 points? March 1st?

It's been so long since we've been asked to get our playoff tickets, my mind is a bit fuzzy. I seem to recall it was mid-March. I only hope that they let us pay as they play instead of making us pay for 16 playoff games upfront like they used to back in the day. So annoying.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
It's been so long since we've been asked to get our playoff tickets, my mind is a bit fuzzy. I seem to recall it was mid-March. I only hope that they let us pay as they play instead of making us pay for 16 playoff games upfront like they used to back in the day. So annoying.

Technology has come a long way since the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs....

It's pretty much standard to pay for each round, always for 4 home games even if it can't happen. Then if they go to the next round, that credit is carried forward.

Prices. 2 years ago Calgary charged 50% more than season ticket holder prices for round 1, and 75% for round 2.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
200 bucks a ticket retail X 60% = season seat for 120 bucks
120 bucks X 1.5 = 180 bucks
120 bucks X 1.75 = 210

What's the problem?

just thought that was a really large jump in prices, that's all. no problem.
if you're happy with that much of an increase, then more power to you. didn't think so many people would be happy their $120 tickets might cost over $200.

I understand a price increase for the playoffs but I think 75% is too much.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
just thought that was a really large jump in prices, that's all. no problem.
if you're happy with that much of an increase, then more power to you. didn't think so many people would be happy their $120 tickets might cost over $200.

I understand a price increase for the playoffs but I think 75% is too much.

The price of playoff tickets on the resale market will be astronomical.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I have had mini packs for the last 8 years.

When the Oilers make play offs will mini pack holders be offered tickets after season ticket holders or will i be like regular fans paying through the nose?

Thanks for the help

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
The price of playoff tickets on the resale market will be astronomical.

true. that should help the season ticket holders make up for the soft resale market for the last 5 years. they'll make a fortune this year.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
true. that should help the season ticket holders make up for the soft resale market for the last 5 years. they'll make a fortune this year.

I would think most season ticket holders have put up with the last 5+ years in order to get playoff tickets, not sell them.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Technology has come a long way since the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs....

It's pretty much standard to pay for each round, always for 4 home games even if it can't happen. Then if they go to the next round, that credit is carried forward.

Prices. 2 years ago Calgary charged 50% more than season ticket holder prices for round 1, and 75% for round 2.

My understanding was that for round 3 the increases would have been 100% and round 4 it jumped to 200%.
So a regular season ticket of $100 would have increased to:
Round 1 - $150
Round 2 - $175
Round 3 - $200
Round 4 - $300

I would expect similar pricing by the Oilers this year.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
My understanding was that for round 3 the increases would have been 100% and round 4 it jumped to 200%.
So a regular season ticket of $100 would have increased to:
Round 1 - $150
Round 2 - $175
Round 3 - $200
Round 4 - $300

I would expect similar pricing by the Oilers this year.

My tickets in the greens that year in Calgary cost $39.50 each for regular season
Round 1 $59.25
Round 2. $69.13

I think round 3 was 100%, round 4 was either 150% or 200%. I thought 150%.

I sold one game on ticketexchange....the round 1 home game 3. They sold for $770. For row 23 greens. So yeah crazy crazy crazy.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Anyone hear anything about playoff tickets?

Like when they are sending out the offer to season seat holders?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I would think most season ticket holders have put up with the last 5+ years in order to get playoff tickets, not sell them.

I would guess there would be more than a few people willing to sell one of the games in order to subsidize a good chunk of their playoff ticket cost.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone hear anything about playoff tickets?

Like when they are sending out the offer to season seat holders?

Haven't heard anything yet. I would guess they will send something out in the first two weeks of March

I would guess there would be more than a few people willing to sell one of the games in order to subsidize a good chunk of their playoff ticket cost.

I agree but I also think this year in particular tickets will be scarce. I will only be selling games if I can't physically be there, 11 years is a long time. But if people can sell one game to cover their cost for 5 games (just a guess) that will probably shake loose a bunch of tickets.

I will be very curious to see how many tickets become available for resale. That first playoff game will likely fetch a huge premium, but I can't imagine selling it, I would want to be there so bad.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Haven't heard anything yet. I would guess they will send something out in the first two weeks of March

I agree but I also think this year in particular tickets will be scarce. I will only be selling games if I can't physically be there, 11 years is a long time. But if people can sell one game to cover their cost for 5 games (just a guess) that will probably shake loose a bunch of tickets.

I will be very curious to see how many tickets become available for resale. That first playoff game will likely fetch a huge premium, but I can't imagine selling it, I would want to be there so bad.

I'm hoping there will be 3 games in round 1 so that I would use 2 and sell 1.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
I'm hoping there will be 3 games in round 1 so that I would use 2 and sell 1.

I have pretty much the same plan. If they finish second and get the first 2 games here, then I think I will sell game one. Especially if it gets silly just for being the first playoff game in forever. I would rather see games 2 and 5. Game 7 I think sell, because if they lose, I will have had a bad time. But if they win...they got 3 more games in the next round instead to go see.

It's getting exciting now.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

remember the resale market in 2006? it was insane, and people were buying!
I can see it being the same this time around, especially if the oilers by some chance get into the second round.

I think if you were able to go to 2 or 3 home games and then someone is willing to pay you triple or even more than the listed playoff price, you'd have to think about it.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I have pretty much the same plan. If they finish second and get the first 2 games here, then I think I will sell game one. Especially if it gets silly just for being the first playoff game in forever. I would rather see games 2 and 5. Game 7 I think sell, because if they lose, I will have had a bad time. But if they win...they got 3 more games in the next round instead to go see.

It's getting exciting now.

Where do you think will be the best place to sell tickets this playoff season?

Use the NHL Ticket Exchange or kijiji and whatnot?

I only sold one game on the NHL Ticket Exchange this year...I can't imagine too many of my current contacts spitting out $500 per seat for the playoffs though.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Plus, if you're selling a ticket for $500 and Ticketmaster is taking 35%, that starts to add up to some serious dough for them.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Where do you think will be the best place to sell tickets this playoff season?

Use the NHL Ticket Exchange or kijiji and whatnot?

I only sold one game on the NHL Ticket Exchange this year...I can't imagine too many of my current contacts spitting out $500 per seat for the playoffs though.

I will probably use ticketexchange. It has fees....but people on kijiji or craigslist are lowballers anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad