Status
Not open for further replies.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Few things:

1) they're too far off the ice;
2) concessions and overall design of the upper bowl is very cramped;
3) not being able to mingle with people in intermission with the lower bowl.

Number 3 would be my biggest complaint. Many have noted that there is a bit of segregation between the upper bowl and lower. It's very apparent when trying to meet friends or business associates in between periods for a beer.

Ya. I could see the 3rd being a huge issue. At the old barn with a little extra time (maybe you leave your seats with a minute left before intermission) you could pretty much meet anyone anywhere in the building. Here it is a struggle and a real expedition.

I believe Penguins and Wild arenas have the simular upper and lower bowl configuration. Wonder how many fans were ultimately turned off over it?

Domino1

Aug 5, 2007
I have drink rail seats in the upper bowl. Very happy with them. The extra space and drink rail is great. Once they added the fix of raising the seats 8" they have become the best seats in the upper deck bar none.

I will be re-upping for next season. However - I will not be as loyal as I was in Rexall place. If the Oilers start losing I will give up the tickets in a heart beat. 10 years of terrible hockey has really cut down the enjoyment I used to get going to games.

I find it hard to care or be optimistic. Maybe a playoff run will cure all of that.

I agree. I am in row 24 lower bowl and I feel way too far away from the ice. The grade of the lower bowl is not steep enough and the people in the row in front of me block my view to a degree.

I do miss Rexall Place. And at about 15% higher ticket prices I don't think I see a real benefit to Rogers Place vs Rexall.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
I agree. I am in row 24 lower bowl and I feel way too far away from the ice. The grade of the lower bowl is not steep enough and the people in the row in front of me block my view to a degree.

I do miss Rexall Place. And at about 15% higher ticket prices I don't think I see a real benefit to Rogers Place vs Rexall.

What is the deal with people leaning at Rogers? Also, the old on screen messages they used to show at Rexall: DON'T LEAN, are not being shown at Rogers. It is annoying as hell. Sit back in your ****ing seats!

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
What is the deal with people leaning at Rogers? Also, the old on screen messages they used to show at Rexall: DON'T LEAN, are not being shown at Rogers. It is annoying as hell. Sit back in your ****ing seats!

I was at the game on Saturday and they did show the "Sit Back in your seats" Graphic on the screen at the beginning of the game. I do not recall if there was audio saying it as well.

In the 5 games I have been to, this last game was the only time I have had an issue with leaning/blocking the view. Our usher had to tell the guy in front of me twice and I also told him twice. He was just an idiot, so hopefully it is a one off.

Regarding negative comments about upper bowl...not sure why? Im section 204 Row 10 and love my seats. The only way I would change is to get drink rail seats to be honest. I feel like I must have lucked out as I do not have any issues using washrooms or getting beer. I agree, concession lines are long but overall very satisfied. But hey, to each their own right.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Regarding negative comments about upper bowl...not sure why? Im section 204 Row 10 and love my seats. The only way I would change is to get drink rail seats to be honest. I feel like I must have lucked out as I do not have any issues using washrooms or getting beer. I agree, concession lines are long but overall very satisfied. But hey, to each their own right.

I suspect you are just smarter than everyone else.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Love the idea of DON'T LEAN messages - should be mandatory at all arenas!

I'm 6'3" and a leaner can even affect my view.... wife's 5'3", so you can imagine... had to upgrade to front row just to have some peace at games!

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
So what did everyone think of the survey they sent out last week?

Bunch of generic questions about the concession stands and arena cleanliness.

Then.....how much more you expecting to pay next year..... :amazed:

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
0%

Thank you!

I put 1-2% (I think that was the option). You know it's going to go up so hopefully they make it reasonable.

I also requested they add a "secret question" option for ticket transfers. It bothers me that a mis typed email address means tickets could end up in the wrong hands. Not a big deal but would be a nice feature.

Last edited:

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
I put 1-2% (I think that was the option). You know it's going to go up so hopefully they make it reasonable.

I also requested they add a "secret question" option for ticket transfers. It bothers me that a mis typed email address means tickets could end up in the wrong hands. Not a big deal but would be a nice feature.

Really? You have to input the e-mail twice. The chances that a misspelled e-mail is even a legitimate e-mail address let alone one that lives near Edmonton and could use the ticket is like a billion to one. If you mistype the address and they don't get it, you just have to contact the oilers help line and they cancel the bar code and re-issue which they would have to do with a security question anyway.

millax

Dec 24, 2005

Why would you put down anything but 0%? We just had a huge raise in prices last year. Even if you think they are going up - why vote for anything other than a 0% raise?

cfrancis

Most newer buildings have a segregation between upper and lower bowls. Off my head Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Boston. My guess is it's a lot to deal with seat hoppers. And to keep the people numbers to a minimum in the lower bowl concourse which is usually smaller.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Really? You have to input the e-mail twice. The chances that a misspelled e-mail is even a legitimate e-mail address let alone one that lives near Edmonton and could use the ticket is like a billion to one. If you mistype the address and they don't get it, you just have to contact the oilers help line and they cancel the bar code and re-issue which they would have to do with a security question anyway.

I understand your argument but it's nice as a double check. I sell a lot of tickets as well so it would nice because its easy for people to have a typo when they send me their email address. I like the feature when I email money to people and my tickets are worth more than the amount of money I usually need to email. I'm paranoid about that one off chance haha.

Why would you put down anything but 0%? We just had a huge raise in prices last year. Even if you think they are going up - why vote for anything other than a 0% raise?

Realistically our vote means nothing with 3000+ on the waiting list and god knows how many more after we make the playoffs. I'm not going to vote 0 because management isn't stupid, they know people would put 0 for the next 30 years if it was up to us. But it's a business and if my prices go up 1-2% per year I can respect that and live with it.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009

It's not a vote, it's them gauging opinion to see what they can get away with before they make their customers too upset about it. I put 1-2% because 0% isn't going to be considered reasonable so I thought they might just ignore it as a customer who can't really be kept happy anyway. If the majority expect something low, perhaps they will listen. Besides, 1-2% just keeps pace with inflation.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
It's not a vote, it's them gauging opinion to see what they can get away with before they make their customers too upset about it. I put 1-2% because 0% isn't going to be considered reasonable so I thought they might just ignore it as a customer who can't really be kept happy anyway. If the majority expect something low, perhaps they will listen. Besides, 1-2% just keeps pace with inflation.

they're not going to listen. If they kept raising prices with the worst team in the league, they'll raise them even more for a good team in a new building.
so count the 1-2% inflation plus another 3% for profit.

my guess is at least a 5% increase. more if the oilers win a round in the playoffs.

morningla

Aug 18, 2011
0%, u reply more, it'll just go up to the next level.
i saw the word "playoffs" here ... uh oh

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Anyone going to the autograph session Monday? I think I'm gonna check it out, not very often you get a chance to see everyone. Is there a limit on stuff you can bring? Not bringing a lot, but wouldn't mind getting a couple things signed for the old man

Edit: just got the tickets, one autograph per person of each player

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Anyone going to the autograph session Monday? I think I'm gonna check it out, not very often you get a chance to see everyone. Is there a limit on stuff you can bring? Not bringing a lot, but wouldn't mind getting a couple things signed for the old man

Edit: just got the tickets, one autograph per person of each player

From my experience, good luck even getting one if you want a currently popular player's autograph.

My suggestion:forget McDavid/draisaitl/maroon and go for Nuge eberle talbot Lucic Larson klefbom sekera if you want to say hi to multiple players.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'd like to see them turn the music down between puck drops. My ears were bleeding last night.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I'd like to see them turn the music down between puck drops. My ears were bleeding last night.

They did this bit on Wednesday night where they played the THX "are you listening" and blared the sound just before the start of the 2nd.

Really unnecessary.

Heard John Short once say that they play the music between the action so it can drown out people shouting things at the players. Assuming this is true (interesting theory nonetheless) I think since sound doesn't carry that well in Rogers Place anyway they could stand to turn down the music a touch.

I've really noticed how loud the place gets when I sat down low.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
they're not going to listen. If they kept raising prices with the worst team in the league, they'll raise them even more for a good team in a new building.
so count the 1-2% inflation plus another 3% for profit.

my guess is at least a 5% increase. more if the oilers win a round in the playoffs.

That number sounds right but I think they set the prices for next season before the end of this year.

I think more than the answers to the question about raising the ticket price the Oilers will looking at the temperature of renewal rates. I like the arena but understand not everyone loves the new place so if the Oilers feel just right now, without an increase at all, they are set to lose 1500 seat renewals it would be very foolish to push that number up even more with a ridiculous price jump.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Loge seats automatically increase 5% next year and again the following year so they will be 10% higher in year 3 over year 1. That said if the product continues to improve I don't mind paying top dollar for a good team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Heard John Short once say that they play the music between the action so it can drown out people shouting things at the players.

Yeah I remember that as well. I dont care about loud music being a massive heavy metal fan, but I am not at a concert, and wouldn't mind having a conversation with the person next to me without screaming.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Loge seats automatically increase 5% next year and again the following year so they will be 10% higher in year 3 over year 1. That said if the product continues to improve I don't mind paying top dollar for a good team.

Dare I say I can live with that price jump overall? Hope no one from the Oilers reads these boards.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Dare I say I can live with that price jump overall? Hope no one from the Oilers reads these boards.

I honestly would be shocked if they didn't have people scanning the boards.
good way to get a read on what the fans/ticket holders are really thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad