Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I think if anyone is buying season seats to resell at a profit they are missing the boat. The OEG has spent a ****pile of money to determine top market prices and that is what they charge. That means there won't be much in the way of profit available for individual season ticket holders. Maybe the odd playoff game or special game. Otherwise I'd fully expect individual STH to have to sell tickets at face or lower in order to move them.

I buy my tickets so I can see the games and have guaranteed tickets for playoffs and any events in Rogers ahead of the crowds. I have a guy who buys any tickets I can't attend (which is about half due to travel) at half the value of my season ticket subscription in the summer (already paid for 17/18 season). I think most STH buy the tickets for the same reason, to see the games and not for profit.

Just my opinion anyway for what it's worth.

STH buy their tickets at a discounted rate. I'd say its roughly 75% of face value depending on your seats, more for some games less for others. That leaves lots of room to make profit from the upper half of the games while still selling at face or lower.

I'd say most STH buy so they can see the games, but they sell some of them to help reduce the costs.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
My plan for when I get season tickets is to attend around 4-5 games a year, sell all my premium games such as Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh but attend the home opener. I think this way I should come close to breaking even. As for the playoffs I will attend the ley games such as game 7's or the SCF.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
STH buy their tickets at a discounted rate. I'd say its roughly 75% of face value depending on your seats, more for some games less for others. That leaves lots of room to make profit from the upper half of the games while still selling at face or lower.

I'd say most STH buy so they can see the games, but they sell some of them to help reduce the costs.

The top end games like Pittsburgh, Leafs, Habs, Im sure offset the games that are not as popular like Coyotes and Avalanche.

I just don't believe OEG is leaving much money on the table on the average with the exception being last years demand for some playoff tickets.

Either way I am happy to be a STH and enjoy the games I am here for! :yo:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

40-50%.

Lol @ 75

HumbleOilFan

Feb 15, 2007
40-50%.

Lol @ 75

We have lower bowl seats and I can tell you the cost of our tickets is nowhere near 40-50% of face on average and far closer to the 75-80% of face level on average. Our cost is roughly $145/game. Highest face through the season is $217 for the few premium games. A few at $204 and most are in the $165-190 range. The ****** games like coyotes and hurricanes etc...the face is actually equal to our cost. Shows that the even the Oilers don't overestimate demand for those snoozers haha.
The total cost of our season is 78% of the total face value of our season.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
haha.

my STH cost is $6,283 face value is $8,720. That's 72% of face value. was pretty close at 75%.

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton
Sportsnet is a smaller margin (no surprise there).

Lower Sportsnet
Retail: 13,114
STH: 11,407

Retail ranges from $266-$352

Upper sportsnet
Retail: 12576
STH: 10943

Retail ranges from $255-$337

Both 87% of retail

Lowest end ticket price is the same as STH cost if you do the STH price and divide by 43 like the Oilers do (pre-season worth half of regular season).

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I'll toss my numbers in for info (per seat):
My cost = $5,639.25
Retail = $7,823
72% of face value

Lowest price = $138
Highest price = $217

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Which teams are cheapest to see and which are more expensive? Are there, say 2 or 3 tiers of pricing or is it all over the board?

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
Which teams are cheapest to see and which are more expensive? Are there, say 2 or 3 tiers of pricing or is it all over the board?

my front row club seats retail price for inividual games range from $500-786 for the pair,
my upper bowl tickets range from $226-356 for the pair

arizona/carolina the cheapest
pit, wash, mon, tor, cgy & chi the highest

theres maybe 8-9 tiers of pricing

Last edited:

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
My center ice club seats are at 69.63% of facevalue.

facevalue range is $261 to $405 per seat.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
We took advantage of seat improvement this year. Moved across our section, closer to the middle, went from near the bottom of the blues to 2nd row from the top, which will enable quick bathroom, beer concession and entry and departure access, and were able to retain our big ass wide seats, as well as our price point. I'm a happy camper. The only thing better would be to get drink rail seats right near us, but I'm a patient man.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
We took advantage of seat improvement this year. Moved across our section, closer to the middle, went from near the bottom of the blues to 2nd row from the top, which will enable quick bathroom, beer concession and entry and departure access, and were able to retain our big ass wide seats, as well as our price point. I'm a happy camper. The only thing better would be to get drink rail seats right near us, but I'm a patient man.

I'm never going to leave mine ;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With the new bathrooms hopefully the have resolved the long wait times and turning the alleyways to urinals post game.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

I had a look this year because we wanted to move closer to the washrooms, especially since the one near me is tiny but there was nothing of interest. Now the washroom they are upgrading is the one right behind our section so I got really lucky I didn't move :yo:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With the new bathrooms hopefully the have resolved the long wait times and turning the alleyways to urinals post game.

It's going to help, no question, but I have my doubts whether it will resolve the issue. I'm going to wait and pee.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
I had a look this year because we wanted to move closer to the washrooms, especially since the one near me is tiny but there was nothing of interest. Now the washroom they are upgrading is the one right behind our section so I got really lucky I didn't move :yo:

Which section in the upper deck is the renovated washroom behind?

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton

5 Tiers of pricing

1 - Opener, Pitt, Mtl, Toronto, Calgary, Chicago, WSH
2 - Vancouver, NYR, Boston, Vegas (1st visit), Philly, NYI
3 - Ottawa, L.A (Sat game)., New Jersey, Winnipeg (NYE), Minnesota (Sat game)
4 - Winnipeg, Nashville, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Vegas, Dallas, St. Louis, Detroit, Buffalo, Tampa, Columbus
5 - Carolina, Arizona, Colorado, Florida

Games are priced based on opponent AND schedule.

LA on Saturday is a tier above LA on a Tuesday.

Vegas first visit is two tiers above their next visit (both weekdays)

Winnipeg on NYE is one tier above Winnipeg on Monday.

Etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad