Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Let's try to draw conclusions for lines from these teams:

Perron/Kunitz-Crosby-Kessel
Plotnikov-Malkin-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett
Kunitz/Perron-Cullen-Rust

That will 100% be the lines :sarcasm:

So far in drills they have Plotnikov skating with Bonino and Bennett and they look pretty good together :)

Geno apparently is going to WBS because he's had Archibald and Wilson haha

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
So far in drills they have Plotnikov skating with Bonino and Bennett and they look pretty good together :)

Geno apparently is going to WBS because he's had Archibald and Wilson haha

Penguins are always giving Malkin scraps, smh

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Don't worry, Dupuis will end up taking Wilson's spot :cry:

If I see Dupuis-Malkin-Hornqvist ever, I will cry.

Actually during the 2 man rushes Duper WAS with Hornqvist!!!

Dupuis looks like Dupuis which is good. Skating fast and his shot still has a ton of power behind it. Horny looks like he's having fun playing with him...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Start the countdown to Sestito breaking him.

Beau's my pick for the 4th spot in the top-6. Sounds like he put in a lot of work this summer.

Pls don't do this to me Penguins.

If both Perron and Plotnikov are on LW, that would put one of the 4 on the 4th line. That's interesting.

Plotnikov is playing RW right now. Bennett is on the LW. My guess is the last spot in top-6 is between Bennett/Dupuis. Oh and Kunitz. I forgot about Kunitz.

They said multiple times over the summer they wanted Dupuis to transfer to a third-line role, I'm not too concerned about it.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Bennett with Plots in these 2-on-1's after Bennett was with Bonino in the 2-on-0. Beau has looked good with both guys and his shot does seem to have more juice on it.

So far is say Plots skating is on par with both of his line mates for thee most part, but he can't turn as fluidly/quickly as either of them.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Beau's my pick for the 4th spot in the top-6. Sounds like he put in a lot of work this summer.

Same.

Bennett-Crosby-Kessel
Perron-Malkin-Hornqvist

I guess that Perron and Bennett could be flipped, but Bennett is my dark horse for taking the last top 6 spot. Decent speed, good size, good on the boards, good enough defensively, young, skilled, has good vision, he can throw a hit when he's not in an injury spiral. You know, if the injuries aren't plentiful to him again.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Same.

Bennett-Crosby-Kessel
Perron-Malkin-Hornqvist

I guess that Perron and Bennett could be flipped, but Bennett is my dark horse for taking the last top 6 spot. Decent speed, good size, good on the boards, good enough defensively, young, skilled, has good vision, he can throw a hit when he's not in an injury spiral. You know, if the injuries aren't plentiful to him again.

Yepp. He just needs to stay healthy. I have a good feeling about him this year. I'd still flip Sid and Geno in those winger pairs, but I like those lines.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yepp. He just needs to stay healthy. I have a good feeling about him this year. I'd still flip Sid and Geno in those winger pairs, but I like those lines.

I've decided that acquiring Kessel has righted a wrong in the universe, thus returning balance and ending the injury curse. So Bennett and the team will be healthy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I would think they'd want Malkin and Hornqvist working together as much as possible if they are going to be a duo, this year. Seems odd. But whatever... first day of camp. It also sounds like they have designs on moving Dupuis up in the lineup as LW (likely w/ Malkin) as they see fit. Which really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Really, really nice to hear Bennett looks solid.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Bennett wants to be here long term, he needs to learn how to play LW. It's encouraging to see that he's doing well right now, but I'd be cautious right now. Bennett did the same exact thing last year at camp, but then got hurt and looked like crap after. If Bennett figures his stuff out, it would be downright huge for the Pens. They wouldn't need another top-6 winger for the foreseeable future if he figures it out.

I'm actually wondering if Kuntiz ends up on the 4th line for this year, because the more I think about it, the more I think the organization doesn't like him and wouldn't hesitate to put him there. Especially if Bennett is on LW for this year. Just connecting all the dots from what has been said about every winger other than Kunitz makes me think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad