Music: Sean "P Diddy" Combs

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I love how 93Gilmour93 liked this post when he's obviously never liked any rap music.
I like 2pac, Dre, Snoop, Cube, Emenim. The guys with real talent in the industry and not this crap that's being posted in this thread....

You don't know what you're talking about but continue on your rant about angry white people while the rest of us enjoy the thread.....

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I like 2pac, Dre, Snoop, Cube, Emenim. The guys with real talent in the industry and not this crap that's being posted in this thread....

You don't know what you're talking about but continue on your rant about angry white people while the rest of us enjoy the thread.....
So you probably like a few hit songs by the most famous rappers of all time. There was no rant, just an observation. You're like an open book.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So you probably like a few hit songs by the most famous rappers of all time. There was no rant, just an observation. You're like an open book.
Just quit while you're ahead. You have no clue about anything I've liked or listened to over the years. My wife and I own countless albums of all genres of music. Is rap my favorite music? Definitely not. Does that mean I don't like any of it? No it doesn't. Is this age of rap music awful? Yes it is......

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Just quit while you're ahead. You have no clue about anything I've liked or listened to over the years. My wife and I own countless albums of all genres of music. Is rap my favorite music? Definitely not. Does that mean I don't like any of it? No it doesn't. Is this age of rap music awful? Yes it is......
None of that changes that you're clearly a middle aged white dude who's angry that society is changing. I'm not fan of most newer rap but obviously there's millions of people who are so maybe it's not as awful as you think.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
None of that changes that you're clearly a middle aged white dude who's angry that society is changing. I'm not fan of most newer rap but obviously there's millions of people who are so maybe it's not as awful as you think.
When did I say there wasn't millions of fans of the music? There's millions of fans of all genres and millions of people who don't like this age of rap. No need to get so butt hurt over it....

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
When did I say there wasn't millions of fans of the music? There's millions of fans of all genres and millions of people who don't like this age of rap. No need to get so butt hurt over it....
Says the guy who gets butthurt about the Left all the time.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016

Fair enough.. but truth is, it doesn't matter if you do or don't like hip hop. Combs is a public figure, and fair game for criticism and scrutiny.
There is a small group of HF posters who always smugly (ad hominem) accuse anyone criticizing Black celebrities.. of being 'angry' & 'racist'.
In their worldview, bigotry is the ONLY possible explanation/motivation for criticizing Black athletes, celebrities, etc.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Fair enough.. but truth is, it doesn't matter if you do or don't like hip hop. Combs is a public figure, and fair game for criticism and scrutiny.
There is a small group of HF posters who always smugly (ad hominem) accuse anyone criticizing Black celebrities.. of being 'angry' & 'racist'.
In their worldview, bigotry is the ONLY possible explanation for criticizing Black athletes, celebrities, etc.
Agreed and it's really pathetic that certain people immediately play the race card in a discussion with people that don't agree with them. Diddy brought all this criticism on himself.....

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Agreed and it's really pathetic that certain people immediately play the race card in a discussion with people that don't agree with them. Diddy brought all this criticism on himself.....
My opinion, the scandal here is, a privilege of wealth & celebrity.. where Combs may have paid off victims & witnesses to his crimes. Then he received the privilege of (relative) silence from other celebrities who didn't want to snitch on their professional peer etc.. It's not a racialized scandal.

And someone doesn't need to own a stack of hip hop records to recognize, or critique this scandal..

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
My opinion, the scandal here is, a privilege of wealth & celebrity.. where Combs may have paid off victims & witnesses to his crimes. Then he received the privilege of (relative) silence from other celebrities who didn't want to snitch on their professional peer etc.. It's not a racialized scandal.

And someone doesn't need to own a stack of hip hop records to recognize, or critique this scandal..
100% :thumbu:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It's hilarious that you guys are spinning this as people defending Diddy when it when it was clearly people defending rap music. Carry on with your pity party though.

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Theres a guy currently in the rap game that is talked about as arguably being better than all these guys lol. You know, the guy who had one less grammy nom than Michael Jackson's record for most grammy nominations in a year. Youre missing out. Rap has exploded in popularity, as well as sub-genres. So by default there will just be more of it that you don't like anymore (trust me I'm the same and rap is pretty much the only genre i listen to consistently).

Mumble/trap rap isnt for everyone. But that doesnt mean thats the only kind of rap getting produced nowadays.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Theres a guy currently in the rap game that is talked about as arguably being better than all these guys lol. You know, the guy who had one less grammy nom than Michael Jackson's record for most grammy nominations in a year. Youre missing out. Rap has exploded in popularity, as well as sub-genres. So by default there will just be more of it that you don't like anymore (trust me I'm the same and rap is pretty much the only genre i listen to consistently).

Mumble/trap rap isnt for everyone. But that doesnt mean thats the only kind of rap getting produced nowadays.
Who's the guy you're referring to that's just as good? I don't watch the grammys or any of these award shows

Edit - Just looked up who you're talking about. Ya that Kendrick Lamar guy isn't even close for me and very overrated. Tried checking out a few songs and didn’t make it through one of them. Not a fan....

Last edited:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Million of f***ing idiots , people are just straight up getting dumber. I also agree. Modern rap is garbage and hip hop doesn't exist. The new artists have zero style , their rhymes are trash .
Yeah give me some beastie boys , R-DMC ,50 , chuck in some crime mob or 2 live crew. Because someone doesn't like any new music they have herd doesn't make them anything but a person whom doesn't devour anything put in front of them and say " delicious "
Long live the Goldie looking chain!!

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

This man just unironically did the "I only listen to real rap like Eminem" bit

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
This post is not a joke... I the main issue with rap is actually that the shallow pop rap right now is not doing it anymore, not the more critically respected artists like Kendrick and J Cole who are making as good of albums as the more intellectually serious 90s/00s guys. We need the type of chart toppers with major choruses like Nelly, Will Smith, Lil Jon, Ludacris, etc. guys used to make. It got replaced by Drake and Post Malone songs that are just as vapid but not as fun.

Last edited:

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I heard a commentator say that rock's time in the spotlight is done for good.

It's basically become a subculture like what happened with jazz.

The decline is so steep that it's actually bizarre.

Try naming a rock band who emerged from 2014 to 2024 who people would recognize the lead singer in a restaurant more than 2000s acts like 3 Doors Down, Yellowcard or Sum 41, who weren't exactly U2. Some of the more modern feeling rock bands like Vampire Weekend, Florence + The Machine and Mumford Sons are now over 15 years into their career and Imagine Dragons 12 years.

Forget the HOF bands... What happened to the bands where some handsome guy with golden locks is singing a generic power chords ballad that girls swoon over and it makes top 50 on the charts? Is it that hard? We've had some solo guys like Lewis Capaldi do it, but where are the bands.

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
image000000 (1).jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad