Sean Couturier about to get healthy scratched 34 days after being named the new Flyers' Captain

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Or maybe it's load management?

Almost certainly not. Torts is quoted in here a couple times basically saying he thinks Couts' game has sucked and he's benching him for that.

That said, this isn't exactly buried deep in Torts' bag of tricks, making himself the enemy of the locker room to get the team to play angry is one of his go-to moves.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1710867512916.png

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Can't treat bunch of grown men who are making millions of dollars like college kids - don't care whatever Couturier says to the media - this will be a huge problem, not just to him but most of the other players too, Torts will lose all respect.

Reactions: heksagon

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of Couturier. He'll handle it like a pro, continue to lead like a pro, and probably get his game back in order shortly.

Torts is great to have in the NHL. He's just so entertaining and makes headlines. But I'm sure glad he's not the coach of any teams I cheer for. I don't think this is the right way to handle things at all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Torts is a terrible coach. Has no ability to manage relationships. His style will have a team not bottom out with the results they could’ve got because he scares his players into giving everything every shift, but it doesn’t work and create a winner over a sustained period of time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't wanna hear the Torts slander. Look at the roster he has and they're in the playoffs plus top-10 in xGF%.

Does he get a weird hair up his ass with certain players? Definitely. Does he similarly develop a fetish for really bad players? Yes.

Every coach does that, though. The guy knows how to get results.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00