Prospect Info: Sea Dogs to Host 2022 Memorial Cup

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So I haven't followed the Q much in some time aside from a few games of the Sags and Huskies over the last few years. Looks like I will need to spend some time on the Q this year, not sure if I will get a season pass or not since the NCAA/AHL is going to cost a bit.

What's the outlook for each of the 3 teams, how good should each be?

Where do you see each of the 4 prospects slotting in on their teams? It looks like Kidney is going to be the 2nd line center and I suspect Simoneau will be a 1st liner no?

I've heard the Titan could be pretty good this year but are they setting up more for the '22-'23 season?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Sherbrooke is on the come-up, they went all-in in 2020, but the season stopped. They traded Poulin last year to rebuild. They're betting a lot on Joshua Roy. But they seem to have a pretty good development system under Stephane Julien.

Yeah I think Bathurst should have a good team, not sure if their peak will be next year or this season.

The Islanders have a good team, and they're really well coached. Their coach should be an assistant for Team Canada at the WJC I believe.

Reactions: montreal

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
A major slap in the face of the Remparts. Ouf. Weren’t the Sea Dogs a Mickey Mouse organisation not too long ago, according to some posters here (see the Joshua Roy story)?

Reactions: Sagikev

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Mysak should be doing way better.. one big game and 0s after that.

What a terrible season for basically everyone except Kidney and Roy, lmao.

OHL is a tougher league than the Q to rack up pts though. Im not worried about Mysak.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
OHL is a tougher league than the Q to rack up pts though. Im not worried about Mysak.
There have been more goals scored per game in the O than the Q the last few years. As an example, in the 2019-2020 season, there have been 3.46 goals scored per game in the Q, and the O was at 3.89 goals per game. Might not seem huge, but there have been 3957 total goals in the Q and 4820 in the O, that's almost 1000 more goals in one single season.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
There have been more goals scored per game in the O than the Q the last few years. As an example, in the 2019-2020 season, there have been 3.46 goals scored per game in the Q, and the O was at 3.89 goals per game. Might not seem huge, but there have been 3957 total goals in the Q and 4820 in the O, that's almost 1000 more goals in one single season.
Good point, Im just under the impression that the OHL is a much better league when I watch games from both leagues, but the "Q" has improved alot in the last 10 years and the gap might not be as big as it was before.

Reactions: Sagikev

Jul 6, 2016
Good point, Im just under the impression that the OHL is a much better league when I watch games from both leagues, but the "Q" has improved alot in the last 10 years and the gap might not be as big as it was before.
Who has more Memorial Cups in the last 10 years ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
been trying to pay more attention to the Q this year. How about Sherbrooke, they have gotten red hot winning 8 of their last 10, the problem is Shawinigan has done the same. Out of the top 5 teams in the Q per win %, Sherbrooke has played the least amount of games.

The Islanders are in that top 5 group so hope to see them stay there all year.

Bathurst after a good start has fallen apart with just 1 pt in their last 6 games, ouch.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great to see Sherbrooke and the Islanders as the top teams in the Q. Hopefully the Titan can go on a roll now that they got Lapierre back.

But the Sea Dogs are going to get crushed at the Memorial Cup if they don't turn things around.

In the WHL, PA has moved up a little so they aren't the worst team in the league but aren't too far from there. Hope Guhle gets traded soon to one of the contenders, would be great to see him at the Memorial Cup.

In the OHL it's a surprise to see North Bay at the top of the East. London is still the team to beat so hoping Mailloux is back in Jan and they go on a long run and make the Memorial Cup as well. Having a couple prospects would make it a ton of fun to watch of course. Hamilton is right on NB's heals though, so if Mysak remains hot he could push them over the top.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
No idea the SD got the nod for the Mem Cup. Saw them in Gatineau and they aren’t a powerhouse to say the least. Besides, why not try to fill out the Centre Videotron and make more money instead? Weird decision.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Ugh they're always so far East. The only Memorial Cup I've been able to go to was the one in Red Deer and even that was a bit of a hike.

Everett's made the playoffs every year they've existed and have been contenders since 2017/18. I wish they'd submit a bid. Maybe the city can't afford it.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I see Roy's team, the Sherbrooke Phoenix, are in the CHL Top 10 placing 6th. That's pretty impressive because I didn't hear they were one of the top teams at the beginning of the season.

"Leading the way from the QMJHL is the sixth-ranked Sherbrooke Phoenix, winners of seven straight including a perfect week that counted a trio of victories underscored by an 8-1 drubbing of Blainville-Boisbriand in which left-wing and Montreal Canadiens prospect Joshua Roy pushed the pace with one goal and three assists to mark the second contest this season where he has recorded four points. Currently riding a seven-game point streak, that stretch has seen Roy amass five goals and nine assists for 14 points, while his 30 points on the season sit tied for top spot league wide with Shawinigan forward and Edmonton Oilers draftee Xavier Bourgault. For the Phoenix, while it is Roy pushing the pace offensively, the team is also receiving solid offensive support from overage captain Xavier Parent with 26 points through 15 games on the season including 10 points in his last four outings as well as first-year blue-liner David Spacek who has collected 19 points in 16 games, good for third-best among his QMJHL rearguards."

David Spacek is Jaroslav kid.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
There's a strong possibility there will be a lot of Habs prospects playing for the Memorial cup this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad