Salary Cap: Scuderi in informal talks for new contract

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Two years would be fine. I think a move like this indicates that Mitchell's return may be in doubt.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I don't think Scuderi is gonna sign a sweet-heart deal, he's gonna want the same money and 3 years at least. He walked out of Pittsburgh after winning the cup and went for a bigger contract and if Lombardi wants to keep him he's gonna have to make him a good offer. A lower tier club is gonna offer him big bucks if he gets on the market, you can count on that. A two time stanley cup winning d-man who can play on a top pairing and mentor young d-men? What bottom half team isn't looking for one of those?

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
I don't think Scuderi is gonna sign a sweet-heart deal, he's gonna want the same money and 3 years at least. He walked out of Pittsburgh after winning the cup and went for a bigger contract and if Lombardi wants to keep him he's gonna have to make him a good offer. A lower tier club is gonna offer him big bucks if he gets on the market, you can count on that. A two time stanley cup winning d-man who can play on a top pairing and mentor young d-men? What bottom half team isn't looking for one of those?

This is probably likely. He is getting close to end of his career (presumably), and may want to earn as much as possible. Then again, Scuderi might be very happy in LA and might take a slight cut to stay with the team, we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad