GDT: [SCP R1 GM3] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Teams that win game 3 generally win the series. Lose game 4 and you can pretty much guarantee its over

Thinking we see a much tighter game 4. Probably an OT game. Really hope Pavelski is back soon

Reactions: roryjones

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Looked very timid, almost scared of a scary monster tonight. Disappointing.

No forecheck, no drive, just sat on the perimeter and avoided contact.

Jake average.

The Wilds game plan worked, Dallas is scared of physicality. Very disappointing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Robertson's playoff performance is just odd really. I know he has some regular season games that are quiet like this, but the weird thing is he is usually one of our best players in big time regular season games so I don't think it's necessarily the moment getting to him.

I didn't think he was bad in the last game, but his play on the PP isn't the problem and that's where he has done his damage so far. Not even creating much of anything at even strength, not getting to the net, not getting shots off, not being physical, etc.

It's like everyone ups their play for the playoffs but he stays at the same regular season pace and as a result isnt adjusting to the lack of time and space he usually has. Maybe he will pick it up eventually and learn how to play at this level, but we will probably never get far without him performing how he can. He's still young i guess but the clocks ticking he needs to step up. We need our best goal scorer but without him producing and with Pavelski out of the lineup it really limits our offense.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Have to give credit where credit is due . Minnesota , as expected in the first home playoff game , came out with a ton of energy and fed off the crowd all night . Stars just couldn’t match that at all . I think they bounce back tomorrow night though .

Last edited:
Reactions: Klockis

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
After watching that, my first thought was that I don't think I've ever seen a game where the Stars literally had 0 legit goal scoring chances, but they really didn't. What surprises me is that Natural Stat Trick didn't record a single high danger chance for either team.

A lot of things sucked about that game last night but the Wild weren't even good and still beat Dallas 5-1. I don't know how accurate the stat from Natural Stat Trick is but it's not far off. The Wild mucked the game up early and Dallas never got going. If Dallas had just brought their B- effort they would have won the game. Dallas was a no show all throughout the line up from goalie to top line.

Miller already played less than 15 minutes but I think maybe you scratch him for Hanley next game. Hanley is not going to give you anything in the box score but he makes easy exits in the defensive zone and is more reliable defensively imo. He will win a puck battle and put it up the boards. It's hard to hide both Hakanpaa and Miller when neither guy can make a clean exit out of the dzone. Harley should be playing more than 13-14 minutes. I would call for Nils over Miller but we know that isn't going to happen. Plus this staff has killed the confidence of Nils with all the healthy scratches so he might look like a deer in headlights against the Wild pressure.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Just needed to take 1 of the 2 games in Minny. Still have a chance for game 4. Would be nice to see some guys step up. They played awful last night but still have a chance to take control of the series by winning tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad