GDT: [SCP R1 GM3] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

2023 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
ROUND 1 – GAME 3 – 4/21/2023 – 8:30 PM CT – BSSW
Xcel Energy Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Minnesota Wild
★ 1-1 ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 1-1 ★

1em5YM3.png

K6wvlet.jpg
N4yXf0j.jpg

SjImKxd.png

AG6YijM.png

6iZZg3W.png

2023-04-19 - Wild 3 - 7 Stars.........
2023-04-17 - Wild 3 - 2 Stars (OT2)
2023-02-17 - Stars 1 - 2 Wild (SO)...
2023-02-08 - Wild 1 - 4 Stars.........
2022-12-29 - Stars 4 - 1 Wild..........
2022-12-04 - Wild 6 - 5 Stars (SO)...
2022-10-08 - Stars 1 - 5 Wild............

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:wild

Kaprizov - Steel - Zuccarello
Johansson - Boldy - Foligno
Nyquist - Gaudreau - Sundqvist
Duhaime - Dewar - Reaves

Middleton - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Merrill - Faber

Gustavsson

fMRTnDk.png

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Excited for the game.....tempered somewhat by the fact that (as the last game showed) there is rarely such thing as momentum in the SC. I think we will be sorely disappointed if we expect a similar game as game 2. We may win, or we may lose, but the Wild will be the ones with a bit more incentive tonight, i.e., make up for a big loss, first game on home ice, etc. And, yes, the Stars are real villains for all their diving and cheap shots, so they have probably been coached up to feel like the league is against them, they are victims, etc. Hey, it worked for Hitch in '99 so I get it. We just have to be prepared. A second blowout in a row would send a message, but I doubt it will happen.

Reactions: BfantZ

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Excited for the game.....tempered somewhat by the fact that (as the last game showed) there is rarely such thing as momentum in the SC. I think we will be sorely disappointed if we expect a similar game as game 2. We may win, or we may lose, but the Wild will be the ones with a bit more incentive tonight, i.e., make up for a big loss, first game on home ice, etc. And, yes, the Stars are real villains for all their diving and cheap shots, so they have probably been coached up to feel like the league is against them, they are victims, etc. Hey, it worked for Hitch in '99 so I get it. We just have to be prepared. A second blowout in a row would send a message, but I doubt it will happen.
Ya I think the message from deboer has to be keep the wound open , don’t let them back in the series . Make dumbass stupid hit the reason his team gets steam rolled for 3 straight .

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
This will be a close game. Just play your game. Don’t get caught up in their dumb physical game. They have to drag you down to their level to win. Skill will beat them.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The Wild game thread has an opening that is a doozy. And they don't even mention Jamie Benn:

Tonight, the boys' dates aren't with a beautiful blonde or a stunning brunette but rather a team as dirty as a Minnesota vehicle in January. A team that even Michael Gerard Tyson would consider "cheap & dirty." A team with the likes of smug smirking Suter, a 2nd-generation plug that goes by the name of Domi, and whatever mischievous miscreant the team that gave "The Dirty South" it's nickname dares to bring to OUR barn:

The Dallas "Stars"

Wild fans. This is OUR barn. This is OUR night. This is OUR game. This is OUR series! As Stars fans quickly rush to ready Hockey For Dummies to figure out what off-sides is and attempt to figure out what penalties actually are, the excitement between us Wild fans is palpable.

Great to see both sides amped up.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
The Wild game thread has an opening that is a doozy. And they don't even mention Jamie Benn:

Tonight, the boys' dates aren't with a beautiful blonde or a stunning brunette but rather a team as dirty as a Minnesota vehicle in January. A team that even Michael Gerard Tyson would consider "cheap & dirty." A team with the likes of smug smirking Suter, a 2nd-generation plug that goes by the name of Domi, and whatever mischievous miscreant the team that gave "The Dirty South" it's nickname dares to bring to OUR barn:

The Dallas "Stars"

Wild fans. This is OUR barn. This is OUR night. This is OUR game. This is OUR series! As Stars fans quickly rush to ready Hockey For Dummies to figure out what off-sides is and attempt to figure out what penalties actually are, the excitement between us Wild fans is palpable.

Great to see both sides amped up.
At least we can say we’re loyal fans who aren’t dumb enough to lose their franchise cause they failed to fill up their stadium.

“our game” though

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

It's like they forgot not winning a cup in the 25 year existence of the North Stars when it took us 6 years to win one.

OUR game he says. :shakehead

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
At least we can say we’re loyal fans who aren’t dumb enough to lose their franchise cause they failed to fill up their stadium.

“our game” though

All I saw that entire post was the HF classic "THIS IS OUT HOUSE". :laugh:

I might enjoy the hockey but playoffs don't bring the best out of posters.

I'm a messy bitch regular season AND playoffs.

Maybe it's just hockey that doesn't bring out the best in me. :sarcasm:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Imagine being a Wild fan and criticizing Benn for smirking after watching Dumba laugh and smirk while while he watched an injured player get helped off the ice.
I hate to be snarky, but good Lord, they sound like just some politicians sometimes, pointing out what the other guy in the other party did even as your guys do the same thing constantly. People do remember things, but some people are really selective in what they choose to remember, and there is always someone there to take advantage.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Minnesota's skill players are soft as warm butter. JEE, Kaprizov, Zucc to an extent. These guys cave as soon as they get hit hard one time.

That's what makes teams like Minnesota perpetually mediocre. They'll never get past the 2nd or 3rd round with their current core.

Reactions: Elysian

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Minnesota's skill players are soft as warm butter. JEE, Kaprizov, Zucc to an extent. These guys cave as soon as they get hit hard one time.

That's what makes teams like Minnesota perpetually mediocre. They'll never get past the 2nd or 3rd round with their current core.
Damn. Shots fired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad