GDT: [SCP R1 GM1] Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
With game two on Wednesday, there’s no way Pavelski is playing in it. Plugging his spot with Kiviranta isn’t going to help. Can they call up Bourque? They need offense.

Heartbreaker.

Learnt nothing from last years loss to Calgary.

No forwarded wanted to be the one to score
I saw a bunch of forwards who wanted to score.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Benn better find his balls for game two. Shoot the puck and hit someone.

Plug in Kivi for Glendening or Dellandrea. Actually with Joe probably out I'm guessing Kivi comes in regardless.

Miro was awesome tonight. Johnston, Hintz, Faksa, and Esa all very good. Thought Dadonov was solid as well. Benn was surprisingly the worst player on his line.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
With game two on Wednesday, there’s no way Pavelski is playing in it. Plugging his spot with Kiviranta isn’t going to help. Can they call up Bourque? They need offense.

I saw a bunch of forwards who wanted to score.
They could, but they aren't going to.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Blumel is the obvious choice but they'll just put in Kiviranta (who should've played in the first place) and keep Glendening doing whatever he does

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
They will just put Kivi on the 4th line, Seguin whos back in useless mode on the top line in pavs spot.

Marchment with Domi and dellandrea.

Series over if we lose game 2

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This really was the perfect outcome for the Wild. Injure/headshot a top line player, take the crowd out, draw the game out, and win somehow. The villains win. We've seen it before with the Blues. You have to be the aggressor and dare anyone to stop you.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really hope that somehow Pavelski can return in this series but just seems so incredibly unlikely. He's our best playoff goal scorer imo by a mile, who will replace his production? I'm just anxious to see who, if anyone, steps up and starts scoring goals at even strength

Next game just got even more stressful.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Have to start asking why are we so "anti-clutch" in Overtime. We just lack that player who wants to be the man. To be him.

All season we flop in OT, tonight, last season v Calgary...all the while our goalie balls out.

We're just a below average team when it comes to key moments, no one wants to step up and be the man.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not sure if he means like "OK" as in no brain damage or "OK" as in he will be reevaluated and could play soon again this series

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
meh, it's one game. And we literally skated circles around them once the Stars stopped worrying about the cheapshots.

Wow a solid take

Incredibly frustrating game to watch all around.

But Oettinger is back in form. We were the better team for a majority of the game. I think it was apparently obvious that Dallas is the better team. They just need to actually realize they are and step on the throat.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Miro was fantastic. Oettinger was amazing.

We got two PP goals from our two best forwards.

The secondary scoring really failed us tonight.

I also... didn't completely hate Suter this game. He still sucked, but he was the only one giving the Wild what they dish out.

That cross check on Kaprizov? Do it every single time he's within 5 feet of the crease. Hit him every chance you get. Let their goons get mad and take penalties. Make Kaprizov and Zuccarello bruised and paranoid.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I also... didn't completely hate Suter this game. He still sucked, but he was the only one giving the Wild what they dish out.

That cross check on Kaprizov? Do it every single time he's within 5 feet of the crease. Hit him every chance you get. Let their goons get mad and take penalties. Make Kaprizov and Zuccarello bruised and paranoid.

Kaprizov had a dead silent game after those crosschecks. Literally maybe heard his name once or twice for the rest of the game and he generated nothing on top of that

Reactions: LT

Feb 4, 2017
Stockholm

Miro is so fascinating to watch. In OT it felt like he was close to fumbling and losing the puck at critical moments. But he always (more or less) manages to sort stuff out. The man got confidence and is playing like he got a fairly sized ****.

Sidenote. Is Robertson gonna do a Huberdeu? Be brilliant, score goals, then fade away in playoffs?? 😴

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Agreed.

Suter was much better than Hakanpaa and Miller. I worry every time the other two players have to exit the defensive zone and it’s not completely wide open. Hakanpaa has become a liability who can’t pass and loses every puck battle.

Harley looked confident and great. Already our 3rd best dman.

Last edited:

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

Wyatt looked great as the game went on. I understand putting PP1 back out after that ice cleaning but I was hoping WJ was going to get a shot on that PP because he had been buzzing. Bet he scores in game 2.

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Dallas needs to play their game. They played the wilds game last night and lost. You don’t have to let the hits affect you to that level. You have more skill. Use it. Play your game. Otter clearly was playing his game. Miro looked great. Hintz looked fast. Benn was absent. Robo looked warm out.

Just play your style and win.

Reactions: Elysian

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Upon further review, i hate to say this, but that hit is both possibly legal and f***ed up. It’s like a 40 year old youth minister marrying an 18 year old student the day she graduates- clearly messed up and clearly f***ed up intentions, but by the book you could argue it’s legal.

Yes, he scooped into his head. Yes, the puck was gone so his only play there by laying a hit is to ruin the guys night. No, it wasn’t that late out of slow motion. I would argue a major due to intent to injure/result, but I’m not in the nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00