Speculation: Scott Burnside: Kuemper to Colorado

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Beaucage?
Beaucage is probably one of our most tradable prospects. He's doing very well in the QMJHL, but his skating will probably never be a good fit on this Avs team. A team like Arizona who lack goal scoring and high-end shooters could probably make use of a sniper like him though.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Beaucage?

I don't think you should rate him highly. his numbers are intriguing, but his skating is atrocious. He is a kid with an amazing shot for junior level who gets by on his shot and size. Unless he improves his skating tenfold he won't be close to a NHLer.

Just my .02$ as an Avs fan

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I don't think you should rate him highly. his numbers are intriguing, but his skating is atrocious. He is a kid with an amazing shot for junior level who gets by on his shot and size. Unless he improves his skating tenfold he won't be close to a NHLer.

Just my .02$ as an Avs fan

AZ plays a slow plodding defensive game. Dependency on strong Goalie and attacking based mistakes. Beaucage is a terrible fit for the fast skating AVs, but would fit well in the AZ style of play.

Reactions: Richard88

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
AZ plays a slow plodding defensive game. Dependency on strong Goalie and attacking based mistakes. Beaucage is a terrible fit for the fast skating AVs, but would fit well in the AZ style of play.

You can't fit well on an NHL team if your skating isn't up to the NHL level. This is just gross oversimplification based on respective systems. And who's to say that Arizona will play slow in 4 years when Beaucage will try to breakthrough? Just a nonsensical argument.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is there a prospect that sits somewhere between Helleson and Beaucage in the esteem of Avs fans?
Untouchable: Newhook

Not on table: Barron, Helleson, Foudy, Annunen

Available at right price/return: Kaut, Bowers, Timmins, Ranta, Kovalenko

The rest is trade bait.

Kovalenko and Ranta would probably be in the range you're asking about. Possibly Zhuravlyov as well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Untouchable: Newhook

Not on table: Barron, Helleson, Foudy, Annunen

Available at right price/return: Kaut, Bowers, Timmins, Ranta, Kovalenko

The rest is trade bait.

Kovalenko and Ranta would probably be in the range you're asking about. Possibly Zhuravlyov as well.
Raanta for Ranta has a nice ring to it! ;)

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad