Post-Game Talk: Scoring, lack of. Jets lose 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
2/3s of our 2nd line can't score. And other than PLD drawing some pp can't do much else

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I blame the Santa Claus Parade
kid-beating-santa.gif

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Ooof. That's 2 low-energy games in a row - that's on Bones.

The problem we're running into now is that all of our burners with hands are injured. The Penguins just trapped away all evening and we had no answer.

I would have tried moving Eyssimont to the top line just to add some speed. In my opinion, with the way the game went it certainly couldn't have hurt to try for a couple of shifts.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm beginning to see why Bones's teams didn't score much in Dallas our offensive schemes are non existent. Just nothing of note happening in the ozone with lots of stuff on the perimeter and terrible puck support.

I thought the couch outsmarted himself tonight with his hard core line matching. Their first goal came solely off a poor change because he decided he wanted to put Lowrybout for Mark at C and leave the JoMo pairing on the ice instead of switching them because the Pens pit Malkin out. We got the puck out and then they did what he wanted and changed right after and we got caught. He should have just switched for the faceoff and no one is trying to change quickly.

Helle was fine other then that missplay, just rip it out instead of holding it and giving it away.

Top pairing was just ok tonight, JoMo wasn't as sharp as he normally is with his passing.

Second pairing was fine no complaints.

Samberg played well but Capo brings nothing to the table. Just a warm body. Put Ville in, we need the offense.

Top line wasn't that great, they had trouble generating stuff tonight and couldn't add hoc themselves to scoring chances tonight. Tpp much trying to individually deek the entire pens.

Second line was much better the last game imo. I thought Cole played very well off the puck and started holding it more and creating things as the game went on after differing too much last game and earlier in the game. He's going to have peaks and vallys this year but he's contributing positively off the puck and could have had a fee points if things broke a bit differently. Dubois worked hard and was solid both ways but his passing was also off and he wasn't ready for pucks coming to him on the cycle on a number if occasions and as such got bodied off the puck. Wheeler was hot garbage, just a bunch of dumb decisions, couldn't win a battle and also tried to deek the entire pens way too much.

Third line got ate alive by the Crosby line imo. Not a great showing by them.

Fourth line barely played but got hemmed a lot when on the ice.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Connor and Scheifele look like the only consistently threatning guys at 5v5.

Jarry was fighting it all night but the Jets didn't test him enough.

2nd line just sucks.
After hot start our bottom 6 has dried up a bit too. But yeah second line hasn't been doing much as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad