Schultz off season training

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Heard on the radio that he is working on getting stronger and putting some size on this off season. Also heard that he is working on his shot.

What is everyone hearing out there on this player?

Any word how much weight he put on?

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
Be nice if he'd cut some size out of his head and come back willing to work... Maybe TM can make something of him.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I remember him mentioning that he's currently on the same regime as Eberle (Gregor show, I believe).

So, basically I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I remember him mentioning that he's currently on the same regime as Eberle (Gregor show, I believe).

So, basically I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Eberle is stronger than a guy like Gagner or even Schultz for that matter so it'd be a start. Schultz has been incredibly weak since entering the NHL.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Schultz was very impressive during his rookie season. Hopefully this is the start of him getting back on track.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Yeah, I'm sure he'll totally learn how to play defense and get a huge bomb from the point.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Schultz was very impressive during his rookie season. Hopefully this is the start of him getting back on track.

No kidding. For a full season, he was on pace for over 50 points. Right now I'm really, really hoping that Schultz's problems were just as much with Eakins as they were with himself. That's also why I would like to see him get some minutes with Sekera even if they aren't a regular pairing. That player we saw pre-Eakins is a guy we can definitely use, and we should try to support him and coax that out of him again. Maybe Nurse-Schultz will be a great pairing for us one day.

I like to think that this offseason feels like a whole new rebuild and a clean slate. If guys like Schultz and Yakupov can become contributors rather than liabilities then this season will go very well for us.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Eberle is stronger than you guys give him credit for, his playstyle doesn't highlight his physical strength is all.
Schultz however is weak with a playstyle that lacks a physical edge also. Being stronger won't help him unless he uses the strength on the ice too.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The Schultz haters will bash Schultz 24/7 and it won't matter what Schultz does

That's not true at all. Most people were very excited to get Schultz. He's been awful outside of the AHL, truly terrible. He lacks effort, has no physicality and makes huge mistakes that directly cost the team games.

Maybe it's all Eakins fault, we'll see. But he hasn't brought anything valuable to the team and I think most "bashers" are fairly judging him based on his play.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
7fo4bIa.gif

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
That's not true at all. Most people were very excited to get Schultz. He's been awful outside of the AHL, truly terrible. He lacks effort, has no physicality and makes huge mistakes that directly cost the team games.

Maybe it's all Eakins fault, we'll see. But he hasn't brought anything valuable to the team and I think most "bashers" are fairly judging him based on his play.

Midway through last season I was calling for his head on a player due to his laziness.

I think he's just used to being the man and when the team is that garbage he gives it a full 30%. I don't think we've seen full sustained efforts from anybody on this team, not even Hall.

So in the context of this thread, for the sake of hoping to see the best Justin,I hope we get off to a decent start.

Edit: looks like the NHL didn't do us any favours with the schedule in October

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

It's the entire organizations fault. They let him become the most entitled player on a team with far too many entitled players on it. I don't know if the rumors of the organization guaranteeing him ice time when he signed to help him reach his bonuses are true or not but the way he was coddled and held without any accountability makes it easier for me to believe it. Mactavish publicly declaring he had Norris potential was going to make it even harder to coach his bad habits out of him. Through organizational incompetence, he was given everything here without ever feeling he needed to work for it. Hopefully Chiarelli's decision to give him a 1 year "show me contract" was enough of a wake up call for him to realize he's going to need to work for what he gets from now on. It wasn't his mistakes that bothered me, it was his laziness and "don't give a ****" attitude that turned me off on him. That's what he needs to fix the most.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
All I have to say is if he struggles on the PP like he did last year, for the love of the hockey gods take him off! I cant handle him constantly turning over the puck at the blue line for a 2 on 1 the other way! I HOPE HE CAN SOMEWHAT REDEEM HIMSELF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad