Schremp..way overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokes555

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
Guys on the Oiler board are asking if he is the next Crosby, Ovechkin...

Some reply saying, no his max upside is that of Joe Sakic

lol

I think thats ridicolous

I believe he will maybe be a poor mans version of Comrie or Brierre

or if he plays wing someone like Berezin or Czerkawski

Last edited by a moderator:

Oilhitch

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
strokes555 said:
Guys on the Oiler board are asking if he is the next Crosby, Ovechkin...

Some reply saying, no his max upside is that of Joe Sakic

lol

I think thats ridicolous

I believe he will maybe be a poor mans version of Comrie or Brierre

or if he plays wing someone like Berezin or Czerkawski

Where on the Oilers board has anyone ever compared Schremp to Crosby or Ovechkin?????

This thread is ridicolous

Cru

Sep 7, 2005
What he will be and his max upside are not the same thing. Do you think many people thought Joe Sakic would become the player he is today?

No one knows what someone will end up as. However the Joe Sakic comarison isnt all that bad, considering that a huge knock on him was his skating(just like Schremp) and he worked his *** off on it.

Having said that I think Oilers fans would be suprised if he turned out to be a Joe Sakic but a poor mans Mike Comrie? Is a poor mans Mike Comrie even in the NHL?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I think Robbie Schremp is going to be a very good hockey player. His skating has improved immensely and he's learned how to play defense. What I really like about Shremp is how he can slow down a game to his speed and dominate. That takes something special.

He'll never be a banger, he'll never be a speedy guy, but he'll be special offensively and he won't hurt you either defensively. His shot is NHL calibre and people still forget he's only 19 years old. He builds a little more leg strength, it's gonna give him a more powerful skating stride and he just might be a bull on skates.

I really like Schremp and I kind of wish the Flyers never dealt that first round pick in the Comrie deal.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I thought that this thread would be about his stick swinging incident with a fan last night. :dunno:

The title of the thread is what a lot of people think about the incident.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
I don't recall anywhere on any thread about Schremp anywhere that he has/was/is ever being compared to Crosby or Ovechkin...

Surely you have some quote to support this or an example... or are you just trolling?

strokes555

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
MomentsofSanity said:
I don't recall anywhere on any thread about Schremp anywhere that he has/was/is ever being compared to Crosby or Ovechkin...

Surely you have some quote to support this or an example... or are you just trolling?

" All I know is he was all the buzz around the Oilers during the exhibition games. Can anyone fill me in on how good this guy really is? Is he an Ovechkin/Crosby quality player like you guys are saying"

then some homer replies in saying, no, he is more like Joe Sakic

read the whole thread next time

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
I thought that this thread would be about his stick swinging incident with a fan last night. :dunno:

The title of the thread is what a lot of people think about the incident.

What happened last night?

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Battochio30 said:
Speared a fan with his hockey stick after a loss to the Kitchener Rangers Wednesday night.

:handclap: thanx for getting the facts right. Let the bashing begin.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
strokes555 said:
" All I know is he was all the buzz around the Oilers during the exhibition games. Can anyone fill me in on how good this guy really is? Is he an Ovechkin/Crosby quality player like you guys are saying"

Again that is not anyone saying he is like crosby or ovechkin... quoting someone not familiar with him asking that is not quite the same. That "quote" is simply someone formulating an impression of the possible skill of Schremp based on the rave reviews he was reading. Sure there was buzz around camp time... again, NOONE compared him to Crosby or Ovechkin. We all feel he is a quality player but he isn't in that realm.

"Sorry, I'm a Robbie Schremp newbie. All I know is he was all the buzz around the Oilers during the exhibition games. Can anyone fill me in on how good this guy really is? Is he an Ovechkin/Crosby quality player?"

Notice the actual quote doesn't have the nifty little part you seemed to have come up with at the end "as you guys are saying". Of course if you are going to make up quotes I guess you can say we were all saying he was better than Gretzky and Lemieux as well :shakehead

All you are showing is that Oil fans are saying he ISN'T like them.

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
strokes555 said:

That's funny, the quote I see looks to be slightly different:

"Sorry, I'm a Robbie Schremp newbie. All I know is he was all the buzz around the Oilers during the exhibition games. Can anyone fill me in on how good this guy really is? Is he an Ovechkin/Crosby quality player?"

I have no idea where you got the 'like you guys are saying' part, perhaps I missed it?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=194051&page=1&pp=25

Looking over the thread, I see a lot of posters begging off of the Ovechkin/Crosby comparisons, actually.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Battochio30 said:
Speared a fan with his hockey stick after a loss to the Kitchener Rangers Wednesday night.

Ummm... poked his stick thru the space in the glass is probably a more applicable description of what took place. He never made any contact with anyone from the looks of it. :dunno:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Sec17... if it were Boris who pulled that crap in London, would you feel that it was nothing? You'd be rounding up the townsfolk, grabbing torches and going out to kill the beast.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Charlie_Girl said:
Sec17... if it were Boris who pulled that crap in London, would you feel that it was nothing? You'd be rounding up the townsfolk, grabbing torches and going out to kill the beast.

You got that right!! :yo: :handclap: :biglaugh:

While we are talking about Schremp:

His upside is Dennis Savard!

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
danny.7i said:
Did he even make contact with the fan?

Well I have heard from someone on another board that was sitting close to where it happened. He said an older woman was struck with Rob's stick.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
I've heard it said by people who have seen him play that his shot is major-league and reminds them of Joe Sakic's shot. I've never heard Schremp being compared to Sakic by any Oiler fans.

On the contrary, in the past I've heard MANY oilers fans express concern over his skating ability and 2-way play.

So, the kid goes out and concentrates on playing better defence and improving his skating, and he is leading the OHL in scoring at about 3 points per game.

And what do we get? Schremp way overrated threads.

:shakehead

If the Knights lost 9-8 and Schremp had 8 assists, there would be a "Schremp selfish player for not shooting" thread here the next day.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Charlie_Girl said:

I thought he was yawning at this ridiculous thread started by a poster likely trying to mislead everyone and start a Schremp bashing thread.

Stokes should be given a warning and this absolutely ridiculous thread should be closed immediately.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Charlie_Girl said:

One more point before *hopefully* this thread gets closed...

I can't help but notice the only time the knights seem to have problems with fans is in Kitchener. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Vomiting Kermit*

Wolfpack said:
On the contrary, in the past I've heard MANY oilers fans express concern over his skating ability and 2-way play.
I don't think that's been the case for a while now. :)

I read the fan spit on or did something to Schremp... is that true? This whole incident is blown way out of proportion... it sounds like he gutted someone.

I can't find any info on this from TSN or Sportsnet. :dunno:

Bring on the "Schremp's awful attitude" arguments, I guess. :deadhorse :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad