School kids don't have right to vegan food

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
If its that big of a deal the parents should just make the lunch themselves.

At the same time though would it not be a good alternative to offer some sort of vegan/vegetarian/whatever alternative?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
No it would not be a good alternative.

Curious as to why you would think it is not?

For me personally, I have a genetic high cholesterol. My body can not fight it and I will have levels higher than literally anyone else if I don't eat mainly vegetarian or take pills (statin pills are nasty things, ive taken them before but they do wonders).

It would have been extremely beneficial to myself and my mom when I was a kid to have those options. Of course we never had any options.

I know I am not the only person who has dietary concerns either. I don't strictly eat vegetarian but my meat consumption has dropped drastically since I stopped taking pills.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
If you are forcing your kids to follow a vegan diet, I'd send social services over to make sure they are getting the proper amount of protein. Adults can deal with a lack of protein, poorly, but with kids you could be stunting their growth -- physically and intellectually. If they are getting an appropriate amount of protein through tofu, it's your job to pack their lunch. It's not the school's to provide it for them.

Sep 19, 2008
One of TJ's great personal contradictions is when he pretends to be all spiritual and accepting of everyone and everything and then hilariously acts in completely the opposite way. I'll point it out the next time he does it. Thanks for reminding me

And every time someone calls him out or insults him he throws a fit in chat :laugh:

He's so sensitive to criticism

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
As you've shown us many a time, it's obvious that your parents failed on both levels.

:biglaugh: Couldn't have said it better. The guy is a hippie who spends his money spamming HF accounts most of the time with donations just so he can troll the lounge for a few weeks be banned and then do it again.

I'm sure his parents must be so proud ;)

You are so god damn stupid, Modo.

Yes, he's so stupid for disagreeing that parents of kids being forced to eat vegan food should provide their kids a lunch rather than whining until the school creates a vegan option for them. Excellent mentality chap. You want to give your kids a dietary restriction with zero legitimacy go for it, but provide them lunches then don't cry when the school doesn't do it for you.

Also please use condoms, we don't need you reproducing.

And every time someone calls him out or insults him he throws a fit in chat :laugh:

He's so sensitive to criticism

Exactly, everyone is just so stupid for disagreeing with his angst filled teenage point of view :laugh: Cause I'm going to take the opinion of TJ seriously, the guy whose mental well being relies so heavily on being able to post in the lounge. You will be the guys eventual suicide once you find a way to permaban him, mark my words. I already see the headline "Local Saskatoon kid slits wrists due to hockey forum banning him".

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
If you are forcing your kids to follow a vegan diet, I'd send social services over to make sure they are getting the proper amount of protein. Adults can deal with a lack of protein, poorly, but with kids you could be stunting their growth -- physically and intellectually. If they are getting an appropriate amount of protein through tofu, it's your job to pack their lunch. It's not the school's to provide it for them.
tofu is not the only source of proteins for vegans !!!!§§

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad