School kids don't have right to vegan food

Sep 19, 2008
On Wednesday, Berlin’s administrative court stated that schools are not obliged to bow to the dietary diversity of parents and children, such as “paleo, low carb, low fat, raw foodism, fruitarianism, or veganismâ€.

They were ruling on a case brought by the father of a girl at a primary school in the southeast of the city who was fighting the district’s refusal to provide her with a vegan option for lunch, the Berliner Morgenpost reports.

The district said it didn’t need to provide such a meal because the girl could not produce a doctor’s note proving it was necessary for her health.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
vegan food? vegan food? meat and spuds!!!

BTW

For those political correct junkies out there beating their little hearts over this but there have been studies that before the on set of puberty that a well balance diet that included meat and dairy products is necessary for a child growth. Only Children at risk for asthma and other hereditary diseases should be carefully watched and monitored

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I don't think people realize this about Matthews, but...

He's going to instantly be our best player.

Yes, he will be slightly sheltered, with players like Kadri, Komarov, and some of the bottom sixers getting some of the harder minutes, but Matthews will assert himself pretty quickly and is going to soak up minutes like a sponge. His two-way play, elite offensive skills, and all-around game are already outstanding. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads our forwards in ice time albet with slightly easier opposition minutes ala Ekblad's role last year. All these posters slotting him in on the third line are going to be pleasantly surprised.

S A W F T*

I find it appalling that schools don't have vegan options! While not being a [vegan] myself, I find it highly offensive that we are not tolerating nor making a conscious effort to include everyone.

This is America!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I find it appalling that schools don't have vegan options! While not being a [vegan] myself, I find it highly offensive that we are not tolerating nor making a conscious effort to include everyone.

This is America!

I only eat bugs

accommodate me

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

This is America!

Define "vegan option". :help:

Technically a burger minus the burger is a vegan option, no?

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
4 real tho; I don't believe schools should have to supply any and every item under a child's (or over-bearing parents) whim. If you can care that much about your child's nutrition/dietary needs, you can care enough to pack them a bag lunch. #freedom4all #eatmeat #lazyparents

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
4 real tho; I don't believe schools should have to supply any and every item under a child's (or over-bearing parents) whim. If you can care that much about your child's nutrition/dietary needs, you can care enough to pack them a bag lunch. #freedom4all #eatmeat #lazyparents

Hear, hear.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
440756.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad