School kids don't have right to vegan food

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
A bit of a bummer even though not surprising when it's considered a fad diet.

But good for this and other kids for being given the basic information of also the vegan "side" of the story early on after their parents explain why they have chosen that kind of lifestyle and don't support some things they view as unethical. Doing this while giving them nutritious plant-based foods to live perfectly healthy lives in their homes and then letting the children make their decisions about animal products that aren't provided by their parents as they go along.

I think it's perfectly fine to do those things since a large majority of society is already focusing so heavily on telling about the one popular option while mostly dismissing the other ones and not telling about the real impacts of people's decisions on this matter. Not providing info that might make some people (and kids) want to consider and/or choose the less popular option because they find it a rather simple way to cause less harm while mainly sacrificing just some of their convenience, and therefore find it to be a completely reasonable practise.

Raising kids vegan simply isn't automatically any more forcing than not raising kids vegan even if you don't agree with it.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Well from what I remember of highschool every meal had at least one vegetable, more likely two that most high schoolers would gladly trade for the main course. I think it's just another case of a special interest group wanting an advantage over everyone else.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Hambo for president. Even though he's English and thus will forever be ineligible for the position. We must end the threat of International Vegetarianism and the US must take the lead!

Chris Hagen*

Well from what I remember of highschool every meal had at least one vegetable, more likely two that most high schoolers would gladly trade for the main course. I think it's just another case of a special interest group wanting an advantage over everyone else.
You mean equality?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5