Scheifele vs Draisaitl

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
There was a discussion on the trade board between the 2 the other week. Scheifele even more so now since Draisaitl's new contract.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
This is a no brainer, almost anyone but Oil fans will say Scheifele. One is a proven top #1 C and the other might be one day.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Scheifele's agent should be in jail for that contract.

I like them both but I'd stick with my German Tank.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Scheifele is much more proven at this point and can demonstrably carry a line.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Scheifele seems better. Puts up more points, is cheaper, very dynamic.

I like Draisaitl a lot, but he needs to do what he did last year at center before I'd put him in the same tier.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Scheifele's agent should be in jail for that contract.

I like them both but I'd stick with my German Tank.

Agreed, that wound up being a huge bargain.

Anyways, if we're including contracts, I take Scheifele. I do think Draisaitl will be the better player down the road though.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
At the moment Scheifele might have a different opinion after next season.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Scheifele has already done what the optimistic people think Leon is going to do away from McDavid.

They could be right but this shouldn't be close.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Draisaitl has more upside but it's just that....he has so much more to prove, like be able to play C and carry his own line the way Scheif has already done.

Even then, it's still somewhat close but what swings it to Scheif definitively is the contract. That's a hell of a deal.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I voted for Scheif but think the gap is closer than the poll indicates.

Now if contracts come into play then it makes more sense.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
the question is who is the better player

answer is easily scheif

if it was who has more potential it would be drai

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
This is scheif hands down, the guy is a ****ing animal. Loved him since the Jets drafted him

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Decided not to vote. Draisaitl needs a successful season as a C first before we can start talking. Last year he was riding on McDavid coattails so it's difficult to tell. I would certainly say that the potential is there and he's better than Scheifele was at the same age. Right now it's Scheifele though and could remain that way. If you included contracts it's Scheifele all the way. Chia has certainly displayed his negotiation skills. GMs tend to negotiate but it seems like he just signs papers. That's not on Draisaitl though.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Drai. He is 4 years younger and similar production. His contract is much worse though.

Why do people keep saying Drai needs to play center and away from McDavid? He played Center the year before at 19 with zero time with McDavid and got 51 points in 72 games (Almost 60 Point pace).

I would be more concerned with Scheifele's on ice shooting percentage and how unsustainable it is.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Chef is easily better currently, the question is if it remains so. Drai needs to put his independent big boy pants on before he's in the same realm imo.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Drai. He is 4 years younger and similar production. His contract is much worse though.

Why do people keep saying Drai needs to play center and away from McDavid? He played Center the year before at 19 with zero time with McDavid and got 51 points in 72 games (Almost 60 Point pace).

I would be more concerned with Scheifele's on ice shooting percentage and how unsustainable it is.

Scheifele has sustained his PPG+ production for the past 120 games

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

The year before he played with Hall, an elite winger. His numbers away from McDavid last year are still decent, but nowhere near the levels people want to project him.

Good young player for sure, but definitely needs to prove it without playing W with McD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad