Injury Report: Scheifele injury hyperventilation thread (UPD: out 6-8 weeks)

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Id be shocked if it isn't a broken collarbone, based on Maurice's comments sounds like they are waiting to see the severity of the injury.....he'll be out at least 8 weeks if it's good...longer if bad.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maybe he just banged his funny bone?

Seriously though. Most likely goes on IR. Forward depth of the team gets tested. Could end up being good for the team in the long run.

Reactions: Babooch

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I think it's time to bring in Roslo and give him a real shot centering a top 6 line. Would have liked him to start in the NHL as a winger, but it has to be tried out at this point. Jets still have to go above .500 to make the playoffs, so it could get way too close for comfort if the top 2 centers are Little, and Wheeler/MP

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This injury hurt the Jets the most. I mean, you move Little up so he faces the tough matchups there is no way Maurice is playing Ehlers Roslo and Laine together he wouldn't think they have got enough D. So You break Copp and Lowry up and one of them takes the 2nd line? Neither of them are good enough. Perrault, Roslo, and Laine? What are you guys thinking?

Maybe he does keep Wheeler at centre for a bit. If they do want to recall a centre if it’s an extended injury, wondering if it should be Petan instead of Roslovic. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Ros in a major role like that.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Maybe he does keep Wheeler at centre for a bit. If they do want to recall a centre if it’s an extended injury, wondering if it should be Petan instead of Roslovic. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Ros in a major role like that.

If Wheeler is playing C they still need a RW to fill in. That's not Petans best position. Roslovic is versatile enough that it give more options IMO

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Definitely the player we could afford to lose the least. It will be a good test for the team.

Will likely get to see Roslovic soon?

Probably a collar bone with how much pain he was in and how he hit the boards

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
The only feeling you get from this is pure disappointment knowing your teams most valuable player just got injured...

As a fan of our system and our prospects I’m hoping Roslovic can take the weight of the second line and exceed expectations, I think having two speedy Playmakers like Roslovic and Ehlers will work well with Laine but I don’t think Little can bear the weight of 1C. So than is Roslovic doesn’t work than we have to look to Petan and if that doesn’t work we look to Wheeler(and than we have to bump Laine and Armia up) but what if that doesn’t work... Chevy and Maurice are in for a hard time with this injury and our key players have to pick it up and haul ass while Scheifele is injured...

Reactions: Halberdier

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If Wheeler is playing C they still need a RW to fill in. That's not Petans best position. Roslovic is versatile enough that it give more options IMO

If Wheeler is playing C, I guess they would promote Armia as his winger and have Matthias or Dano play on the fourth and maybe call up Petan for PB.

I don’t think Roslovic gets called up.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
This is really bad. Little doesn't have enough skills to create offense against 1st line centers. Scheifele is our bread & butter and our team will be absolutely trash without him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it's time to bring in Roslo and give him a real shot centering a top 6 line. Would have liked him to start in the NHL as a winger, but it has to be tried out at this point. Jets still have to go above .500 to make the playoffs, so it could get way too close for comfort if the top 2 centers are Little, and Wheeler/MP

Agreed, I think you move Little up and put Roslovic with Laine and Ehlers. Hard match Little and Lowry's lines and allow the kids to have some fun against other teams third and fourth lines.

Reactions: Halberdier

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have no idea - but it didn't look good.

I assume we will get a look at Roslovic at C in the NHL.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
That was a sad moment. Scheifele is the most important player for the Jets after Helle.

They say every cloud has a silver lining, and it's truth even for that particularly black cloud. Maybe that gives an opportunity for Roslovic, though Maurice is Maurice so you never know.

Reactions: Maukkis and gearmex

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If Wheeler is playing C, I guess they would promote Armia as his winger and have Matthias or Dano play on the fourth and maybe call up Petan for PB.

If you take Maurice at his word earlier in the season. Top 6 goes down, call up a top 6. Bottom 6 goes down call up a bottom 6.

I'm not sure they want either Dano or Matthias playing RW. Maybe Perreault slides back to C temporarily. They could hold off calling anyone up for a while but they will bring someone up eventually. (This assumes Scheifele is not just day to day and would go on IR)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This is really bad. Little doesn't have enough skills to create offense against 1st line centers. Scheifele is our bread & butter and our team will be absolutely trash without him.

How quickly you forget. Last season Bryan Little began the year as the teams #1 C. He has more than enough skill to create offence. He has shown it to us for years.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If you take Maurice at his word earlier in the season. Top 6 goes down, call up a top 6. Bottom 6 goes down call up a bottom 6.

I'm not sure they want either Dano or Matthias playing RW. Maybe Perreault slides back to C temporarily. They could hold off calling anyone up for a while but they will bring someone up eventually. (This assumes Scheifele is not just day to day and would go on IR)

I guess they could bring Roslovic as a RW...probably to take Armia’s spot on the fourth line.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

So Scheifele is out of the lineup. Who do you want as his replacement, Roslovic orMatthias? Because moving over Wheeler doesn’t mean that Wheeler is his replacement. The PB guy, or Roslovic is his replacement.
I’d take Roslovic all day long. But I think I know what Maurice will do.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
How quickly you forget. Last season Bryan Little began the year as the teams #1 C. He has more than enough skill to create offence. He has shown it to us for years.

Also he matches Wheeler perfectly, and Connor fits there very well. I don't see a problem with Connor-Little-Wheeler.

They will be not that effective on offensive side, though Wheeler and Connor can generate offence for their own without Scheifele, as has been the case lately when Scheifele has not been always on his best.

The problem with CSW has been their defensive game, and there Little is going to help more than a bit.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B

Well, he hasn't shown it since, so people naturally doubt.

I think he will be just fine on 1st with Wheeler because they play the same game. Just need to start cutting minutes from them and spread more evenly. Lots of depth to cover for it.

This forces Maurice to coach, and that thought worries me these days.

Reactions: Peggy

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think you reunite Little and Wheeler. Matthias and Dano get their last kick at the can. Maybe we can showcase them for a trade.

Overall, with our soft January schedule, we can survive. We might end up a wild card team though.

Reactions: thistleswamp

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

Let's see what happens. I don't mind if he proves me wrong, but i'm not expecting anything from him.

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
I think X , Little, Wheeler could be the 1st line just not sure who could be but on LW, on 2nd line i would like to see Laine, X , Armia Just not sure who could be the C for them. Perreault? Just in this kind of scenario Connor or Ehlers would suffer...man is hard when you have too good team :P

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad