GDT: SCF Game #4 - Sharks vs Penguins - 5:00pm PDT NBC / CBC / TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Polak was solid in three rounds before this. Lunacy to blame him for anything.

We look like an even match with them when Marleau is down. We got a couple power plays and the second unit looked like the most threatening.

If you want a chance lean on donskoi couture ward Braun jumbo.

End every period like last 5 by stacking lines and dbl shifting.

Team could win two in a row but I doubt it

Boja

Dec 9, 2006
Demers would also be so much better on the 3rd pairing than Dillon and would give the 2nd PP unit an actual threat from the blue-line.

I really wish that trade never happened. Demers isn't perfect but he's much more mobile and can handle the puck. Dillon doesn't really add enough physically to warrant that tradeoff.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
A lot of people have been saying since the deadline that that 3rd pairing needed a good PMD and just watching them crumble all playoffs really doesn't change my mind on that one. Usually I kinda defend Dillon but he's really just as much of a problem as Polak.

Offensive zone play literally dies when they get on the ice.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Excited for Meier and Goblin next season also how Polak does with his new 3 year contract.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Polak was solid in three rounds before this. Lunacy to blame him for anything.

We look like an even match with them when Marleau is down. We got a couple power plays and the second unit looked like the most threatening.

If you want a chance lean on donskoi couture ward Braun jumbo.

End every period like last 5 by stacking lines and dbl shifting.

Team could win two in a row but I doubt it

When he's been out for a ton of goals against this series, I don't see how it's lunacy at all.

Boja

Dec 9, 2006
At the end of the day, I'm still proud of this team. It's not over yet although it probably is. It was still a great run with a lot of incredible moments. I'm curious to see what kind of injuries the team has been battling in this final.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinda hoping the pens blow out the Sharks in game 5 with every goal coming with Polak-Dillon on the ice.

I'd bet that Polak is done with this team after they go home. Dillon is unfortunately not. The contract sucks and no one is gonna want him.

So that won't do any good.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
everyones blaming the supporting cast, how about our big guns score?

Yeah. There is only so much Ward, Donskoi, Karlsson, etc. can do. It'd be nice for Couture, Pavelski, Burns, or Thornton to get a goal this series.

Dillon-Polak have been a net negative this series, for sure. But the Burns-Martin pairing has been getting destroyed by the Penguins forecheck and defensive establishment. The Vlasic-Braun pairing has done decently defensively, but has been a black hole offensively. If even Martin, Burns, Vlasic, and Braun are struggling to move the puck, how would DeMelo help?

You also need to fault the coach and players for not making the adjustments early enough. They decided to go with what had been working for the first game and a half...

Also, I have been someone who has frequently criticized Thornton. Moreover, I've generally disagreed with the narrative that he's somehow playing excellently while everyone around him is ******** the bed.

But that was happened tonight. At least from the 2nd period on, Thornton might have been SJ's best player. He made the in-game adjustments, forcing the puck more, moving it quicker, and drawing the Penguins into him in order to open the backdoor.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Teams he'll go to and have cap space are few and far between.

I want the sharks to retain a lot of their salary to send them to a contender. This core is finished, we are the new Canucks, just watch. I'm not happy about it but it is the truth.

Trying so hard to be optimistic as my family and friends tell me it's not over til it's over. But I know better. If I say different to them, I'll come across as a dick. But I can't just grin and bare this. This really ****ing sucks.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
When he's been out for a ton of goals against this series, I don't see how it's lunacy at all.

I am right there with you. I swear to god that a vast majority of the goals against in this series are direct results of some stupid **** that Polak did.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
A lot of people have been saying since the deadline that that 3rd pairing needed a good PMD and just watching them crumble all playoffs really doesn't change my mind on that one. Usually I kinda defend Dillon but he's really just as much of a problem as Polak.

Offensive zone play literally dies when they get on the ice.

He really is. People can point to the advanced stats of Polak's failed breakouts, but he doesn't really have much of a choice when Dillon constantly defers them to him.

norcaltactics

deedupdex
Sep 1, 2011
SanJose CA
www.instagram.com
Not really. All series he's been refusing to move his legs. Just hopeful passes into bodies.
Pavelski and Thornton have been really ineffective against the speedy Pens, yet Deboer refuses to split them up.

he hasn't skated well this series. just noticed him more today. I felt like he really wanted this win. Agreed I still don't understand why the joe's hasn't been split.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I don't know what this team can possibly do right now. Backs are against the wall going to Pittsburgh. They just seem out matched.

I dunno. I am happy we made it to the finals, but who knows if we'll ever be back. This is one chance for this core to go all the way and they crap the bed.

I am extremely frustrated and sad.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Absolutely amazing team for 75% of the playoffs

Absolute **** during the final 25% of the playoffs

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

Pavs zero goals burns 0 goals couture 0 goals

You can't score 2 or less goals a game and blame polak. Especially when Braun and Dillon were out for fehrs dagger

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Pavs zero goals burns 0 goals couture 0 goals

You can't score 2 or less goals a game and blame polak. Especially when Braun and Dillon were out for fehrs dagger

A ton of goals against were completely the third pair's fault though. When your team can't score, it makes every goal against that much worse.
I'm blaming Dillon just as much as Polak.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i think we all knew that the series was likely over when hertl went down. it really was.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Have to remember that the Sharks were not even expected to get this far. Back in december the Bruin fans were licking their chops of possibly getting a top 5 pick with the Sharks draft pick they received.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
A ton of goals against were completely the third pair's fault though. When your team can't score, it makes every goal against that much worse.
I'm blaming Dillon just as much as Polak.

not just that but because they are so bad the top line is used to shelter them. That kills offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad