GDT: SCF Game #4 - Sharks vs Penguins - 5:00pm PDT NBC / CBC / TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Hockey-type thoughts:

• I haven't heard anyone talking about Burnsie. The Pens have figured out how to slow his roll. He isn't playing poorly at all, but he isn't driving our offense because there is a body in his shooting path every single time. Edit: uhhh whoops, just saw the new main board thread lol
  • They have also figured out - or maybe just have the speed to exploit - our weird pinching thing. The one where one D pinches hard and the other sinks. Like half the goals and chances have been on a speedy player reading that play and swooping in behind the pincher too quickly for the sinker to get back.
  • I say this every year, but this one more than ever: Anyone who says Thornton is a choker is getting punched.
  • Calling Pavelski right hand injury.

Emotiony-type thoughts:
  • A few months from now, I will look back on this season as the best one ever, and be proud of our boys' accomplishment. Right now though, it just hurts.
  • I really can't bring myself to hate Pitt, tbh. They play pretty clean, and a style of hockey that I would love to watch if it wasn't ruining our party. Good fanbase and good sports city too, in my experience. Would this feel better or worse if I hated them?
  • While I think it's effectively over, I hope they give us a Game 6. If only so Pitt doesn't win on home ice.
  • 48 hours until I leave for Bonnaroo, aka my happy place. Sharks Territory banner will be flying the whole weekend, win or lose on Thursday.
  • Gah I just want to hug all of them. :(

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Hockey-type thoughts:

• I haven't heard anyone talking about Burnsie. The Pens have figured out how to slow his roll. He isn't playing poorly at all, but he isn't driving our offense because there is a body in his shooting path every single time. Edit: uhhh whoops, just saw the new main board thread lol
  • They have also figured out - or maybe just have the speed to exploit - our weird pinching thing. The one where one D pinches hard and the other sinks. Like half the goals and chances have been on a speedy player reading that play and swooping in behind the pincher too quickly for the sinker to get back.
    [*] I say this every year, but this one more than ever: Anyone who says Thornton is a choker is getting punched.
  • Calling Pavelski right hand injury.

Emotiony-type thoughts:
  • A few months from now, I will look back on this season as the best one ever, and be proud of our boys' accomplishment. Right now though, it just hurts.
  • While I think it's effectively over, I hope they give us a Game 6. If only so Pitt doesn't win on home ice.
  • 48 hours until I leave for Bonnaroo, aka my happy place. Sharks Territory banner will be flying the whole weekend, win or lose on Thursday.
  • Gah I just want to hug all of them. :(

Even though he might be showing up on the scoreboard, he looks like a completely different player than earlier these playoffs. Some of it is the Pens' D, but a lot of it is because he isn't moving his legs. I mean, he lost board battles to Lovejoy this game...

He's standing still reaching for pucks and tossing pucks hoping for the best.
Drive the net, actually face the net instead of having your back to it, do something.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So I just read that Czech reporters original tweet about Hertl. He says its a knee injury. Honestly I'm not sure if I believe that. When would he have sustained a knee injury? Does anyone have any idea?

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
We will find out when the series is over whats been hurting. Not too upset, I don't think we are going to drop off the cliff.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
well the way the pens have shut burns down, like i said in that thread, is by absolutely creaming the 3rd pairing. that makes it impossible to run burns with thornton's line as thornton's line is used to shelter dillon-polak. getting burns the puck with space and time is much harder when it's not thornton-hertl-pavelski dominating down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad