Blue Jays Discussion: Save some runs for the other games, guys. (Jays score team record 28 runs in Friday night drubbing of Red Sox. Yes, that says 28. In one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Would you guys trade 3.5 years of Biggio for 1.5 years of Happ? Happ is slightly better but is a switch hitter and can give you some innings in CF. This way you keep your prospects for a bigger trade?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Would you guys trade 3.5 years of Biggio for 1.5 years of Happ? Happ is slightly better but is a switch hitter and can give you some innings in CF. This way you keep your prospects for a bigger trade?

Absolutely, Happ is a better fit to us then Biggio is.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would probably make that move just on the basis Biggio doesn't seem to have a full time spot anywhere on the team.

Don't want him in the outfield too much, second base is now spoken for as well. He would at least get more playing time in Chicago would probably be better for him in the long run.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Is Happ more of a utility guy? He will rotate around the OF giving guys like Teo, Springer, and Gurriel games off from fielding? And what about Tapia then?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I would do that deal. Happ is a better, Biggio is blocked here by Espy. He’s basically a bench player here.

Is Happ more of a utility guy? He will rotate around the OF giving guys like Teo, Springer, and Gurriel games off from fielding? And what about Tapia then?
Tapia would become what he should be which is a guy coming off the bench

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I like Happ (a LOT more than Benintendi), but my concern about Biggio for Happ is what comes next. If you make that move, your backup infielder is... Otto Lopez? Samad Taylor? Vinny Capra?

I'm sure it's something they can work out by bringing in a decent utility player, but unless you think Happ can still play a decent 2B/3B, they would be pretty damn thin on the infield.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

On board with those names on each side but Chicago has to add. Biggio has been slightly better when healthy and has more control at less money.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
So apparently Devers is looking for around 300 million, Red Sox have offered a deal comparable to Matt Olsen’s 168 million deal.. add in the Mookie Betts negotiations and trade… I had no idea how cheap Boston ownership is. These guys own one of the top 2-3 clubs in all of baseball, filled with tradition etc. it’s like the Yankees it’s a license to print money… how the hell do these guys have such a hard time getting their own guys to sign. Would not be surprised if Devers is traded in the winter. I’ll never understand how they let Mookie go for basically nothing. Verdugo is meh, Jeter downs is already 23 and doesn’t look at all ready.

Add in they still haven’t signed Bogaerts yet either

Two things on this:

1) If Boston wants to curb their spending that's pretty great news for us.
2) Boston's payroll this year is still $30 mil above ours. So if that ownership is cheap what does that say about our ownership?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Two things on this:

1) If Boston wants to curb their spending that's pretty great news for us.
2) Boston's payroll this year is still $30 mil above ours. So if that ownership is cheap what does that say about our ownership?
Touché lol

I don’t blame either Soto or the Nationals here. Boras has a legit issue when it comes to knowing who the owner is, especially when his client is the face of the franchise. Secondly, Boras almost always takes his clients to market, Soto knew that when he signed with him. He wants to see his full market value, I don’t think it has anything to do with living in Washington or playing for Washington

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Happ would be a great fit for the Jays. He has finally fixed his right-handed swing so days he is playing opposing teams can't play match up as easily. He plays primarily LF but has played 2b, CF, and RF for the Cubs in the past.t

As a Cubs fan, I would take Biggio but also need some pitching prospect as their rotation and minor league depth is not there. Maybe Spencer Horwitz as the Cubs can use a 1B prospect as well.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Happ would be a great fit for the Jays. He has finally fixed his right-handed swing so days he is playing opposing teams can't play match up as easily. He plays primarily LF but has played 2b, CF, and RF for the Cubs in the past.t

As a Cubs fan, I would take Biggio but also need some pitching prospect as their rotation and minor league depth is not there. Maybe Spencer Horwitz as the Cubs can use a 1B prospect as well.
I counter Biggio for Happ and Robertson.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Biggio and some midrange prospect for Robertson and Happ is a deal I've seen proposed multiple times on Reddit and I actually don't mind the idea.

Biggio alone isn't getting it done given both guys will likely have callers but it's a kill two birds with one stone type of move that I can get behind.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

This of course comes off the 18 other tweets saying everything from the Nats were going to offer Soto another contract or the Nats and Soto should see other people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad