Blue Jays Discussion: Save some runs for the other games, guys. (Jays score team record 28 runs in Friday night drubbing of Red Sox. Yes, that says 28. In one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

23. Toronto Blue Jays

Tucker Toman, 3B, Hammond HS (SC), LSU commit

The Blue Jays are tied mostly to bats here, with Tucker Toman and Zach Neto the two most-mentioned players -- and Toman always the one most likely to get here. Justin Crawford also has some real support if he gets down here.
The Jays have been tied to Florida prep 3B Cameron Smith and CF Jordan Taylor at later picks.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

23. Toronto Blue Jays

Tucker Toman, 3B, Hammond HS (SC), LSU commit

The Blue Jays are tied mostly to bats here, with Tucker Toman and Zach Neto the two most-mentioned players -- and Toman always the one most likely to get here. Justin Crawford also has some real support if he gets down here.
The Jays have been tied to Florida prep 3B Cameron Smith and CF Jordan Taylor at later picks.
Both Taylor and Smith are older for the draft class for non-college players, but I don't mind the sounds of Taylor. Great speed and plus defense in CF. And they say he has a plus arm too, so not one of these fast guys who can catch with a noodle arm. And has some power potential as well. Smith sounds less intriguing, but I'm no expert.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Amazing that the entire American League East is playing above .500 ball. The division is a cumulative 53 games over .500 after approx 90 games.

That's nuts.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Can we play in the AL Central instead?

The Leafs played in the West for a couple years. It's totally fine.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
The player I want most with our pick is Neto, but there's very little chance he makes it to us. My follow list for each of our picks in no particular order:

Zach Neto, SS
Sterlin Thompson, 2B/LF
Drew Gilbert, CF
Connor Prielipp, LHP
Chase Delauter, RF
Kumar Rocker, RHP
Jacob Melton, CF
Jett Williams, SS
Brandon Barriera, LHP
Tucker Toman, 3B

Peyton Pallette, RHP
Dalton Rushing, C
Spencer Jones, OF
Clark Elliot, OF
JR Ritchie, RHP

77 + 78
Bryce Hubbart, LHP
Jacob Misiorowski, RHP
Nazier Mule, RHP
Bradley Loftin, LHP
Reggie Crawford, LHP
Sam Horn, RHP

Ryan Cermak, OF
Carson Palmquist, LHP
Ryan Clifford, OF
Jake Madden, RHP
Brandon Sproat, RHP
Dominic Keegan, 1B/C
Gavin Turley, OF
Brandon Birdsell, RHP
Ben Joyce, RHP

Reactions: Eyedea

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Huh. Schneider is like the Jays equivalent of Keefe. Won championships with the key prospects in the minors. Hope this actually makes a difference.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The player I want most with our pick is Neto, but there's very little chance he makes it to us. My follow list for each of our picks in no particular order:

Zach Neto, SS
Sterlin Thompson, 2B/LF
Drew Gilbert, CF
Connor Prielipp, LHP
Chase Delauter, RF
Kumar Rocker, RHP
Jacob Melton, CF
Jett Williams, SS
Brandon Barriera, LHP
Tucker Toman, 3B

Peyton Pallette, RHP
Dalton Rushing, C
Spencer Jones, OF
Clark Elliot, OF
JR Ritchie, RHP

77 + 78
Bryce Hubbart, LHP
Jacob Misiorowski, RHP
Nazier Mule, RHP
Bradley Loftin, LHP
Reggie Crawford, LHP
Sam Horn, RHP

Ryan Cermak, OF
Carson Palmquist, LHP
Ryan Clifford, OF
Jake Madden, RHP
Brandon Sproat, RHP
Dominic Keegan, 1B/C
Gavin Turley, OF
Brandon Birdsell, RHP
Ben Joyce, RHP

If Neto drops to us that’s a slam dunk easy choice. Basically have the same ideas as you regarding our selections lol except I have Cermak at 77/78 with Misiorowski. Keegan as my 98.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
curious question have we had a mock be right yet.

i know last years went full nuclear from the start after the pirates and o's went semi off the board. allowing the sox and rangers to nab meyer and leiter respectively

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

i know last years went full nuclear from the start after the pirates and o's went semi off the board. allowing the sox and rangers to nab meyer and leiter respectively

We were linked to Manoah and last year, as much as there was talk about Allen going to the Jays that’s usually not their MO now and they were still linked to college pitching, with Hoglund being one of the names floating around.

They’re usually BPA with their picks but I just don’t see them taking any prep pitching in the 1st round.

Reactions: as Pure as Evil

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Baseball mocks usually break down quickly because of the high chaos potential (signability issues, guys with promises, over/under-slot picks to make use of the pool, teams' like/dislike of HS or college players, etc)

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
If Neto drops to us that’s a slam dunk easy choice. Basically have the same ideas as you regarding our selections lol except I have Cermak at 77/78 with Misiorowski. Keegan as my 98.
Neto just looks like a Blue Jay's prospect (power, patience, middle infielder, big leg kick) and he fits the demographic we're looking at in this draft (mostly college hitters). He either replaces Bo eventually or Chapman, and he should be ready to contribute before the end of this competitive window.

We were linked to Manoah and last year, as much as there was talk about Allen going to the Jays that’s usually not their MO now and they were still linked to college pitching, with Hoglund being one of the names floating around.

They’re usually BPA with their picks but I just don’t see them taking any prep pitching in the 1st round.
Unlike other sports it's a lot easier to link teams to draft prospects in baseball in the early rounds based on the evaluators they have coming in to see them and the amount of times they attend their games. Pretty much everyone we've picked pre-COVID we've been linked to by rumors.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Of course Greinke is going to the BHOF. 75 WAR pitcher with 220+ wins and a Cy Young in this era is an automatic.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

TORONTO – Shane Farrell is heading into his third draft as the Toronto Blue Jays’ amateur scouting director and GM Ross Atkins has used his two first-round picks so far in win-now trades.

So, taking it personal?

“No, no, no, no," Farrell said with a laugh Friday. “It's been great to see the additions help out with our with our major-league club. So it’s been fun.”

The draft, which begins Sunday, is a pivotal opportunity for the Blue Jays on both fronts, as they hold their own first-rounder, 23rd overall, their second-rounder at No. 60 plus two compensatory picks for the departures of Marcus Semien and Robbie Ray at Nos. 77-78 on the first day.

Throw in their third-rounder at No. 98 when the selections resume Monday and they have five picks in the top 100, the area where the vast majority of players who reach the big-leagues are selected.

“We just have more access to the higher end talent pool throughout the draft,” said Farrell. “Sunday night will be a really exciting night walking out there with four players we really like.”

The Blue Jays will have the 16th largest signing bonus pool to work with at $8,367,700, boosted nearly $1.7 million by the two comp picks.

That gives them more opportunity to be creative by moving money around to grab players who slide over signability concerns or due to health reasons, a not insignificant factor after a rash of injuries to draft-eligible collegiate pitchers.

Farrell said the spring has “decimated that demographic, specifically,” and it’s an interesting value-play market the Blue Jays haven’t been shy about shopping in."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad