FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
1000025450.jpg

Go Canes! Next game is ours!

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
The Rangers PK deserves credit — they were all up in the Canes grill constantly and not giving up any space — it looked like the Canes PK usually.

Our PK on the other hand…

I agree, I noticed that too. Couldn't get anything going.

I expect adjustments next game.

At least it wasn't a blow out because at the start it looked like it was heading that way.

And quotes from Aho and Staal say they'll be better next game. Prove it.

Words mean nothing to us fans. Show it on the ice because even though the Rangers won they'll make adjustments next game as well and Shesterkin probably will let in less than 3 goals next game.

Although his streak is unbelievable of 3 GA or less in 28 straight playoff games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Cermi

Mar 6, 2008
the actual f*** is this announcer on about? It has NOTHING to do with where the puck clears the glass, it has everything to do with where it's played that causes it to do so.
You might want to read the rules. For it to be a penalty he has to play it in the defensive zone and it has to clear the glass. So if it went straight to the bench, it's not a penalty. But here it was because it went over the glass and into the bench. Can't say I've seen that one before.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
You might want to read the rules. For it to be a penalty he has to play it in the defensive zone and it has to clear the glass. So if it went straight to the bench, it's not a penalty. But here it was because it went over the glass and into the bench. Can't say I've seen that one before.
Dave’s argument here isn’t saying the opposite of what you are

It doesn’t matter if the puck clears the glass in the opposites O zone as long as the original play is in your defensive zone. That is dave’s argument.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I had a good chuckle seeing Laviolette waving the puck in the bench like "it's in the bench it's not a penalty" That ain't the rule Petey

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I agree, I noticed that too. Couldn't get anything going.

I expect adjustments next game.

At least it wasn't a blow out because at the start it looked like it was heading that way.

And quotes from Aho and Staal say they'll be better next game. Prove it.

Words mean nothing to us fans. Show it on the ice because even though the Rangers won they'll make adjustments next game as well and Shesterkin probably will let in less than 3 goals next game.

Although his streak is unbelievable of 3 GA or less in 28 straight playoff games.
giphy.gif

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
If Rangers fans come on our board to troll, do not hesitate to report them.

Will do. I mean it's in the forum rules.

I wonder if mods monitor these channels because we seem to get reactions of our posts from Rangers fans as well.

I mean, I'm sure mods do, but is there anyway for us fans to know which fan is a moderator of these boards as well?

Just curious.

we were doomed from the start with the first game being in the afternoon

Next two games are evening games.

Predict a bounce back and we win because the Canes have been resilient all year.

Have faith.

• Love
Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I see. Then I take it back and I apologize. I misunderstood.
no worries man, it was more about the announcers not knowing what the hell they were talking about than anything. Essentially they were arguing that if where the puck went over the glass wasn't in the defensive zone it shouldn't be a penalty, which is dead wrong for that rule. Can't say I've seen a puck go over the glass lightly like that and end up in the bench, but that's not what the ESPN crew were arguing about. I've seen Sean Hill send a puck over the glass behind the offensive zone goalie from behind his own blueline and it be called for the POG rule.

Side note how the hell many steroids does someone need to be on to pull THAT one off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad