GDT: SAUNAMEN @ rags' dusty shoeshine stand

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The announcers can't even get the names right half the time, even with the names on the jerseys. In the first period alone, I heard Kuzy referred to as KK and Trocheck referred to as Trouba.

Expecting them to know the rules is asking too much.

They mix up kuzy and kk all the the time. Presumably due to their numbers. In the first series there was a play-by-play guy that did this the entire game. I think he finally gave up and just called them both Kuznetsov. He was paired with Weekes who is obviously familiar with our team, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was biting his tongue for that broadcast.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Will do. I mean it's in the forum rules.

I wonder if mods monitor these channels because we seem to get reactions of our posts from Rangers fans as well.

I mean, I'm sure mods do, but is there anyway for us fans to know which fan is a moderator of these boards as well?

Just curious.
We're the ones with our names in weird fonts and colors. Mods in light blue, global mods in purple, admins in dark blue. DaveG, Tryamw, and myself on the Canes board. Plus Hangman, who's around all the time despite being a Vegas fan.

But if you report something, it goes into a sitewide system and any global mod can come in and deal with it immediately when the three of us aren't here.

Troll liking is against the rules too. If it bothers you, click into their profile and report them from there.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
We're the ones with our names in weird fonts and colors. Mods in light blue, global mods in purple, admins in dark blue. DaveG, Tryamw, and myself on the Canes board. Plus Hangman, who's around all the time despite being a Vegas fan.

But if you report something, it goes into a sitewide system and any global mod can come in and deal with it immediately when the three of us aren't here.

Troll liking is against the rules too. If it bothers you, click into their profile and report them from there.

Thank you.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I'm an asshole, should I have a different color?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The announcers can't even get the names right half the time, even with the names on the jerseys. In the first period alone, I heard Kuzy referred to as KK and Trocheck referred to as Trouba.

That’s why they have a former ref as a rules ‘expert’ or whatever. Then every time gets asked a question he’s all like “gee I dunno, that’s a tough call.”

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That’s why they have a former ref as a rules ‘expert’ or whatever. Then every time gets asked a question he’s all like “gee I dunno, that’s a tough call.”

And even then, he gets things wrong. The Necas/TDA penalty situation from this game, for example. He's claiming that they're calling Necas for a trip, but might change it to DeAngelo for the major.

Except the officials aren't allowed to change who the penalty is called on. They can change the penalty call, but not who is getting called. Didn't stop them from doing that yesterday, but hey,

NHL: Best sport, worst league.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I mean, that's probably the most accurate because the refs definitely don't know or enforce the rules properly...hard to make a call when it's not based on game-management and on-ice bias

• Haha
Reactions: cptjeff

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Im not getting on anyone mixing up KK and Kuzy. The only way to tell them apart quickly is the jersey tuck but if you are just looking above the waist it looks even more like it could be 82.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The Rangers made it look so easy on their 2PPs. Win faceoff, zip the puck around, back of the net. The PK’ers looked very scrambly, not prepared at all.

It’s heartening that as crappy as their special teams were, barring Svechnikov’s penalty, they likely would have had at least 2-3 chances to force overtime. What’s disheartening is that they still haven’t played a complete game these playoffs, and that Guentzel has shown no finish whatsoever. To have a chance this series, playoff Jake better show up and fast.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
The Rangers made it look so easy on their 2PPs. Win faceoff, zip the puck around, back of the net. The PK’ers looked very scrambly, not prepared at all.

It’s heartening that as crappy as their special teams were, barring Svechnikov’s penalty, they likely would have had at least 2-3 chances to force overtime. What’s disheartening is that they still haven’t played a complete game these playoffs, and that Guentzel has shown no finish whatsoever. To have a chance this series, playoff Jake better show up and fast.

I agree. I'm concerned that through 6 games in these playoffs Carolina still has not played a complete game.

The closest they came was game 5 vs the Islanders when they started well and then took their foot off the gas in the 2nd before getting back at it in the 3rd.

Again, it was a crappy start by this team and got better as it went on but too little too late.

Need to have a strong start and be consistent throughout the game. No more spurts.

If we had started better yesterday we likely would've won that game.

Got to get off to a good start tomorrow and keep the foot on the gas.

I'm getting really tired of this from Carolina though. I mean, what are they doing? This is the Rangers, up the game or it will be a short series.

Reactions: DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
We can play better, but losing the first PP is tough. The Rangers are elite on the powerplay, and when they get to set up in our zone, that takes away our kill's biggest advantage. You can't have perfect faceoff wins, but I'd categorize the first faceoff on the penalty kill as the most important draw to win, and we lost them both. Rangers have some set plays which worked wonders, and I'm sure they have more up their sleeve.

I don't buy the "we didn't play a complete game" bit. We're playing playoff teams. No one looks great the whole 60 minutes. The other team is trying too. I think we're very much used to seeing us outwork the other team most of the time. The compete is high, but the other team is good enough that they will always have a pushback.

I didn't see a lot of the game, but what I did see of the powerplay we looked pretty good, just didn't score. I'm not as worried about that. We were really 0-4 on the PP, not 0-5, as one powerplay lasted 6 seconds.

Also maybe the biggest thing is for the Canes to play relaxed. The Rangers and Panthers are in our heads perhaps after recent playoff wins against us. If the Canes can play loose on the road, I like their chances. If they grip their sticks every time the Rangers get a powerplay, this series won't last long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad