GDT: Sat, 10-Oct-2015 | OTT @ TOR | 7:00P ET | CBC | Battle of Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
It might be unfair to Anderson but it seems like leads are rarely safe with him. His MO is usually big save, big save and then softy. There was a lot of net open on the far side on the first Leaf goal. That got them back in the game and changed everything. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable with him as our number one.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It's great we got the 2 points and the top line+Andy looked incredible. It's not great that we didn't get the ROW and the fact that we couldn't comfortably close out Buffalo and Toronto (on the second half of a back-to-back).

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Was at the game tonight. Gotta say we played just ok after the 3 zero lead. There is something terribly wrong with zibenjad and Ryan line. They were getting schooled all night. Out top line was good. Our 4th line was good. Wiercioch struggled alot tonight from what I saw. As much as I like lazar I think it might be time for him to go to the Ahl to pick up his play.. Hes a kid playing against men and it showed.. He was getting muscled off the puck often. I'd put in Prince in his place. Lastly, Anderson was brilliant.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I want:

Michalek - Zibby - Lazar
MacArthur/Prince - Pageau - Ryan

Ryan gets two fast playmakers.
Zibby gets to keep a large and speedy line.

That 4 line was gold tonight.

I would do those changes as Pageau and MacArthur/Prince would add more quickness. Putting Zibanejad with Michalek and Lazar as the third line is where he and they belong.

Yes that 4th line is gold alright, fool's gold!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hoffman, Turris, Stone.

HST.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes, baby.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
2-0. Beating Toronto in their building on a Saturday night is never an easy task (even with the sorry state of their team), so I'll take the two points.

exactly... call me in November and December, if the team is still playing like this. Until then, let them get their legs. Despite the fact that they've played badly in both games -- the games were wins. This fan base is both fickle and fragile.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Well that was a roller coaster of emotions, can't enjoy the win too much bring on the Habs tomorrow night,

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Not sure I'd go that far

Karlsson was not good in OT but he was the best IMO

I'm wondering if they should use Karlsson as a forward when they play 3 on 3.

It's not like the D stay at the blue line anyway. The 3 skaters out there skate deep in the O-Zone. I think we would benefit more from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad