GDT: Sat, 10-Oct-2015 | OTT @ TOR | 7:00P ET | CBC | Battle of Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Craig Anderson played a hell of a lot better than his save % lets on. Bailed the team out at least 3-4 times in the first and a huge double pad stack during PK in OT.

What a guy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The result is ok, not great nor super. What really bugs me is how the team played in regulation time. This team seems to have some players who can score but lacks players who can stop the other team from scoring.

You forgot "In Summary:"

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
It was an exciting game to watch. Despite some breakdowns and bad bounces... Most everyone played well overall.

Got two points. Now 2-0. Got the PP working. Team got to play a full 3-3 OT in the regular season and probably have a lot to look at and learn from.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone is going to be an elite line as good as anyone else's top line.

Overall a pretty positive game early on the year.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
We need Mac on the 2nd line, he's really good in possession along the boards and will make space for the other 2 with his speed. 2nd line is dead right now.

Cowen man, hell of a game, I'd stay patient with him though and keep him on 3rd pairing. Weircioch on the other hand, yikes man, yikes, terrible game, I will never see a top 4 dman in him, never. Ryan made some good plays, some bad, average game, he had trouble in the d-zone on his off-side IMO. Karlsson was good, except in OT, terrible OT by him, first the breakaway, then the clear in the slot.

I don't get how we can't keep a lead, we have trouble it's crazy. We need to get better at that ASAP. And man, the damn Leafs, we'll never be free of them

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Spezza
Lehner
Siflverberg

Zibanejad

My hockey jerseys all of which were auctioned were I ended up paying upwards of 400$ each Plz Zibby spare me at least once.

Othello*

Embarrassing giving up a 3-0 lead to the leafs. Cameron better year then apart

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
2-0. Beating Toronto in their building on a Saturday night is never an easy task (even with the sorry state of their team), so I'll take the two points.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Karlsson great. Cowen great. Hoff - Turris - Stone great. Michalek hard-working. Neil somewhat rejuvenated. Smith showed some good things. Lines 2 and 3 no chemistry.

Time to give Prince and/or Wideman a chance next game.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson great. Cowen great. Hoff - Turris - Stone great. Michalek hard-working. Neil somewhat rejuvenated. Smith showed some good things. Lines 2 and 3 no chemistry.

Time to give Prince and/or Wideman a chance next game.

MacArthur-Pageau-Michalek had a good start then really trailed off. I wouldn't give up on them if it weren't for the fact the 2nd line must be changed up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I keep trying to remind myself...second game of the year.

But man, team played brutal for half that game....we can't continue to do that and ease up whenever we get a lead. We'll never break out of the playoff bubble no mans land doing that stuff.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need Mac on the 2nd line, he's really good in possession along the boards and will make space for the other 2 with his speed. 2nd line is dead right now.

Cowen man, hell of a game, I'd stay patient with him though and keep him on 3rd pairing. Weircioch on the other hand, yikes man, yikes, terrible game, I will never see a top 4 dman in him, never. Ryan made some good plays, some bad, average game, he had trouble in the d-zone on his off-side IMO. Karlsson was good, except in OT, terrible OT by him, first the breakaway, then the clear in the slot.

I don't get how we can't keep a lead, we have trouble it's crazy. We need to get better at that ASAP. And man, the damn Leafs, we'll never be free of them

Mac might help but Zibby is not doing the job. The team needs a skilled offensive play-making center. Zibby is playing a soft reactive game and the line needs an active, fast, quick play-maker.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The 2nd and 3rd lines need to be shuffled a bit. I'd like to see Lazar with Pageau and MacArthur with Zibby and Ryan.

I want:

Michalek - Zibby - Lazar
MacArthur/Prince - Pageau - Ryan

Ryan gets two fast playmakers.
Zibby gets to keep a large and speedy line.

That 4 line was gold tonight.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Cowen played pretty good tonight. Saw a few powerful hits which I liked and want to see more of.

The penalty call on Chiasson was poor as it was caused by Kadry running into it and not by Chiasson trying to land one. Reminds me of the bs ref calls on Gryba and Cowen in the past.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Still wouldn't mind seeing:

Prince - Zibby - Ryan

or

Prince - Pageau - Michalek.

We need some injection of skill.

Also, having Wideman for 3 on 3s would be an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad