Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well. That was a something. Lol. Surzycia best start in a bit. Was really good. Omeri returned which was great to see. Liked their physical play in the 3rd. Wish they did it more consistently.

4000+ at the game on a Wednesday between 2 bad teams with pretty crap weather. Really impressed honestly. 2$ hot dogs was a success as they ran out of them lmao. Never change Sarnia.

Onto Barrie. See if they can make it 3 in a row.

Reactions: honeydripper

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Well. That was a something. Lol. Surzycia best start in a bit. Was really good. Omeri returned which was great to see. Liked their physical play in the 3rd. Wish they did it more consistently.

4000+ at the game on a Wednesday between 2 bad teams with pretty crap weather. Really impressed honestly. 2$ hot dogs was a success as they ran out of them lmao. Never change Sarnia.

Onto Barrie. See if they can make it 3 in a row.
Nothing generates a crowd like $2 street meat lol. I love how the Blue Jays media tracks it at the Rogers Centre for how many consumed per game.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Good to see the Sting get back to back wins for the first time since late October. Great game from Surzycia, really kept the team in it in the second period when the defensive structure broke down. The Sting were really sound defensively in the first and third (11 shots combined). Nice to see Andrew LeBlanc get a multi-point game. Made a great adjustment on the game winning goal. Got to the middle faked the shot, kept drifting to the left, found the open shooting lane and sniped it under Sztuska's glove. Also generated the rebound that led to the Sikic goal. One of the keys to their last two wins has been the PK. Have gone 7/7 (including going 4/4 tonight). Thought Fischer played a strong game. Almost had a goal, hitting the crossbar in the third. Loved the physical play against McCallum in the third and started to look more comfortable on the last PP. He has a heck of a shot (especially the slapper) and the Sting staff need to encourage him to use it. Let's make three in a row against Barrie tomorrow night!

Reactions: StingUpdates

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Good to see the Sting get back to back wins for the first time since late October. Great game from Surzycia, really kept the team in it in the second period when the defensive structure broke down. The Sting were really sound defensively in the first and third (11 shots combined). Nice to see Andrew LeBlanc get a multi-point game. Made a great adjustment on the game winning goal. Got to the middle faked the shot, kept drifting to the left, found the open shooting lane and sniped it under Sztuska's glove. Also generated the rebound that led to the Sikic goal. One of the keys to their last two wins has been the PK. Have gone 7/7 (including going 4/4 tonight). Thought Fischer played a strong game. Almost had a goal, hitting the crossbar in the third. Loved the physical play against McCallum in the third and started to look more comfortable on the last PP. He has a heck of a shot (especially the slapper) and the Sting staff need to encourage him to use it. Let's make three in a row against Barrie tomorrow night!
Petes scored a power play goal tonight. So how did PK go 4/4? Pagé scored on PP for the Petes.

Reactions: Section5Petes

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Petes scored a power play goal tonight. So how did PK go 4/4? Pagé scored on PP for the Petes.
My mistake. It completely slipped my mind that was a PP goal. Still 6/7 over the last two games, which is pretty darn good. Sorry about the mistake and thank you for pointing it out

Reactions: OHL Observer

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Must say it has been fun watching Barr really find his groove in the league lately. 1G/6A his last 11 games. 4th in rookie D scoring. He looks like he could be a real solid PP QB for years to come. Very poised back there & he's really good at getting shots thru and more importantly on net.

Not very physical but very solid positionally & battles. Once he adds some strength & just rounds out his game I think we'll have a real good Dman on our hands. Has every tool to become one.

Hurt has looked overwhelmed at times (can't imagine many rookie D currently are playing top 3 mins + PK) but I remain super high on him. Has every tool to become such a good Dman but with a bit more snarl than Barr.

Fischer has had some iffy games but 3G/14A & is the only Dman not minus on the season which says a lot considering he's always against opposing top lines. When he's aggresive the ceiling is so high for him

Young is such a fun Dman. So aggresive & great skills. He's been adding some physicality too. Threw a couple nice ones tonight & has been chippy in games. Can see him being a big trade chip next year if they go that way.

F will be an issue & G is a total ? But D should be pretty strong next yr although they'll still be a pretty young group despite them all returning. Bridgewater having a great season too.

Last edited:

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Guys we are getting from PBO are not what I'd call needle movers. Don't really get it honestly.
Well? What’s the deal? One of the guys I saw mentioned that were supposedly going to Sarnia scored against Sarnia last night. Must have moved the needle a bit there eh? The way everyone was talking in here including yourself it sounded like a done deal. What happened?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well? What’s the deal? One of the guys I saw mentioned that were supposedly going to Sarnia scored against Sarnia last night. Must have moved the needle a bit there eh? The way everyone was talking in here including yourself it sounded like a done deal. What happened?
Dude, you were the one that came on our board and started that rumour.....what are you even talking about?
I’m hearing rumours that the sting may be getting a player or 2 from last years championship team. That would certainly help.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Dude, you were the one that came on our board and started that rumour.....what are you even talking about?
That was my response to something I heard which got deleted. Then actual names were tossed around that were said we’re already dealt. Which also got deleted. Oh well. Just the way it goes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad