Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers to find the story .
You can downplay the value of Addy all you want, he's one of 20 '07 born first rounders eligible to be traded in a league where future first round picks can't be traded. He's a valuable asset, the type that isn't generally traded for a second pair dman and a third line winger.

Generally that type of asset is moved for a star.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
I don't think they're done yet either. They only moved their 26 3rd rounder and still have a couple 2nds and a couple 06s to add another piece or two. They still need a right shot D.

It's crazy that they're buying lol. I think about everyone in Owen Sound thought for sure it was going to be a sell off.
"everyone in Owen Sound" bold statement...most if not all the people I know wanted to add. Owen Sound does not sell off .full rebuild is not in the cards for many reasons

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You can downplay the value of Addy all you want, he's one of 20 '07 born first rounders eligible to be traded in a league where future first round picks can't be traded. He's a valuable asset, the type that isn't generally traded for a second pair dman and a third line winger.

Generally that type of asset is moved for a star.
I think he’s saying there were bigger issues then hockey behind the trade

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
"everyone in Owen Sound" bold statement...most if not all the people I know wanted to add. Owen Sound does not sell off .full rebuild is not in the cards for many reasons
I wanted to add when they were 3 points out of home ice and on an 8-2 run around the start of December but they had fallen off pretty good since then and 3 points became 10. Selling was a pretty common sentiment. "Everyone" was an exaggeration.

They are buyers now obviously and trading Addy is a pretty big statement. That can't be the end of it though. This team still needs help on D in my opinion. Smith greatly improves the left side but the right side is weak. Forward depth and goaltending are strong though I would think they'll look for a back up goalie.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Would make way to much sense if they can't get there other import over. I'd love the fit for him & them.

Hopefully get a solid return. There being so many buyers is great for us. If we can trade of most of our 19-20s we could get a nice haul of picks.
dont be shocked to see your import to os

Reactions: StingUpdates

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Does Vilmanis has a NTC, id assume imports/agents have a bit of pull if he doesn’t. Could very well pick his fit between OS and Kitch

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
As for the games. These next 2 nights are some of our only winnable games for awhile. PBO/BAR both selling.

not entirely sure I want us to win at this point cause Flint is gonna lose a ton without Hayes, Giroux but be nice to see Wainwright/Brown continue to produce & get chemistry. Even Moses who very quietly has 5G/6A in 20 games & is team best +7. Chartier *should* start. No reason for him not too.

Last edited:

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Vilmanis or Kukumberg?

Definitely biased but I'd want Vilmanis much (much) more. Sale is so unbelievably lazy & soft. Don't think he's a go to guy come playoffs.

But Ahokas clearly is a machine so maybe he'd get him to work.
The factor deciding it all is how much it all costs. MM doesn't have much to work with.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Does Vilmanis play the RW? I thought he was a left winger, OS seems to be the front runner on this one

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Surzycia starts again. What is this team doing? You're not going anywhere this year. Play the rookie goalies who needs games
That make no sense. After the way he played in Windsor. But yet Chartier has had 2 good games lately make 0 sense. Maybe the Sting r looking to move Surzycia that's the only thing that makes sense.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It is a back2back vs 2 bad teams but I would've started him at home coming off a solid relief appearance.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Amazing first period. Best defensive period they've played in awhile. Only one shot allowed at 5v5. Despite the lack of shots, the biggest play of the period was Surzycia sliding across to make a big pad stop on Melee on the first Peterborough shot of the game. Game could have flipped had that puck gone in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia