Sarnia Sting 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Soo sportswriter tweeted Konecky to 'rejoin' Sting on weekend. Don't know if that means 'play' on weekend though.

That would be terrific news if somehow he could play. But I would still be concerned given that he went to philly to see their doctors. Not sure he would go if it was minor and kept him out only 2-3 games. Hope he returns but rumors are saying it's not good

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
That would be terrific news if somehow he could play. But I would still be concerned given that he went to philly to see their doctors. Not sure he would go if it was minor and kept him out only 2-3 games. Hope he returns but rumors are saying it's not good

rumors travis his out for the year.:help::cry:

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

I'd imagine it'll depend his and the team's condition. I know we had someone playing injured during the playoffs last year (DeAngelo maybe? can't remember) during the WCF. Obviously a different story than the first round though. Don't want to potentially risk a career for a chance to make the second round.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I'd imagine it'll depend his and the team's condition. I know we had someone playing injured during the playoffs last year (DeAngelo maybe? can't remember) during the WCF. Obviously a different story than the first round though. Don't want to potentially risk a career for a chance to make the second round.

Yeah Deangelo missed game 3 I believe and returned for game 4 but was clearly playing hurt. I want to say it was shoulder for him and he could skate and play decent enough defense but had little power in his shot and Erie knew he wasn't much of a threat at the point as he had been all year. I thought he played pretty tough for them last year, not the same player, but because he was a defender he could mask it a bit. Konecny as a forward needs his strength a bit more to pass/shoot the puck

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I saw zacha had a hell of a night last night, but how has Jacobs been looking in this series?

HEMW5

Sep 3, 2006
Sarnia
While i personally love to watch TK play because well lets face it he is amazingly talented. BUT that being said i am not ready to throw in the towel just because one player is out !! This team definitely:hockey::hockey::hockey: has other to step up and fill the back of the net. Now that the boys have gotten their heads outta their butts and perhaps realize it took hard work to get the 2nd seed and its gonna take hard work to be successful in playoffs they will come out playing how they did to get there.
They certainly took the Soo lightly and have paid dearly for it but like i said i think they have wide open eyes now.

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
While i personally love to watch TK play because well lets face it he is amazingly talented. BUT that being said i am not ready to throw in the towel just because one player is out !! This team definitely:hockey::hockey::hockey: has other to step up and fill the back of the net. Now that the boys have gotten their heads outta their butts and perhaps realize it took hard work to get the 2nd seed and its gonna take hard work to be successful in playoffs they will come out playing how they did to get there.
They certainly took the Soo lightly and have paid dearly for it but like i said i think they have wide open eyes now.

I would have to slightly disagree. I believe the Sting have enough to get by the Sault, but if TK is out for the year, I believe they don't really have a chance to go any further. He is that good when he is on. I would say the same thing about London, if Marner or Dvorak were out for season I believe they would win one round and then gone. Best of luck to the Sting tonight.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
TK back with the team for Saturday, a philly sports writer has reported that he does not need surgery...he could return to the line up Saturday night.

start praying!

stingfan1989

Jan 8, 2016
TK back with the team for Saturday, a philly sports writer has reported that he does not need surgery...he could return to the line up Saturday night.

start praying!

Yup that's the word going around, he got a couple cortisone shots in that shoulder... no surgery required but they'll evaluate him when team is back in Sarnia.

Yes to go deep in the playoffs we need him back that's a given... but boys must dig deep tonight and get this thing tied up.

Go Sting Go!

stingfan1989

Jan 8, 2016
Unreal road game tonight, Sting are playing legit playoff defense and frustrating the Soo Offense... keep it up fellas the Hounds will start pressing and open up holes.

nothome

Jan 10, 2016
Sarnia
When you take dumb penalties what else do you expect. You have to use your head, when you are in the position like this. To end your season. Does not look for them now. Been their problem all year.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:help::help::help::help:

stingfan1989

Jan 8, 2016
That call to Spinozzi was terrible my friend... brutal... only guy that didn't know it was a dive was the ref.

Then again Kevin shouldn't have put himself in that position... but easy tap and hounds players goes down like he's been shot.

hockeytalk

Dec 7, 2015
sarnia
That call to Spinozzi was terrible my friend... brutal... only guy that didn't know it was a dive was the ref.

Then again Kevin shouldn't have put himself in that position... but easy tap and hounds players goes down like he's been shot.

It was a good call by the refs on a clear hit from behind. The bad call was the one they didn't make on the exact same hit by the soo player about 15 seconds later.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Honestly the reffing in the OHL...and all junior hockey is flat out TERRIBLE....every game every season it's the same. Why can't Lord Branch spend all his time and effort on that alone....if he could do that i wouldn't even care that he's the world's biggest ****** bag for the last 40 plus years!!! :sarcasm:

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
Honestly the reffing in the OHL...and all junior hockey is flat out TERRIBLE....every game every season it's the same. Why can't Lord Branch spend all his time and effort on that alone....if he could do that i wouldn't even care that he's the world's biggest ****** bag for the last 40 plus years!!! :sarcasm:

I would agree that the officiating as a whole is pretty bad, but it is not a professional league so the refing will always be spotty at best. Unfortunately Spinozzi put himself in a bad situation, but that is not the reason they lost. If people went through the top 9 forwards, I would venture to guess it is very easy to figure out exactly why the Sting are down 3-1 in the series. I do commend the Sault for how they are playing, but on one side note they certainly are selling to get the calls, and I am not referring to the penalty in overtime. I was watching with a buddy who really doesn't know a lot about hockey, and his exact words were " it seems like they are shot and dead every time they hit the ice". Soldier on Sting, you are in deep trouble but it is possible to dig out of it, but only if the no-shows decide to step up.

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia
It was a good call by the refs on a clear hit from behind. The bad call was the one they didn't make on the exact same hit by the soo player about 15 seconds later.

Well hey I dunno about that. It wasn't even a 'hit.' Spinner pushed the guy. Ref missed an obvious interference call on Soo earlier in OT so if you are letting stuff go, then let it go. That said, Sting should not have been in the position to lose in OT to begin with; ya gotta close the door after 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad