Rumor: Sarich to KHL?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
There were some rumours around the deadline that he was very close to being moved.
I don't really know what team would even grab him; probably only one of the playoff teams looking to have a veteran 7th guy they could plug into the rougher series.

I feel that he won't be in a Flames jersey come October, whether it be a buyout, a trade or the KHL.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
There were some rumours around the deadline that he was very close to being moved.
I don't really know what team would even grab him; probably only one of the playoff teams looking to have a veteran 7th guy they could plug into the rougher series.

I feel that he won't be in a Flames jersey come October, whether it be a buyout, a trade or the KHL.
That seemed quite obvious last off-season too; then he signed a two year deal.

For whatever reason, they want him around the dressing room. I'm okay with someone like him being here to mentor the young'uns. Besides, its not like the Flames need cap space...

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The team the article is referring to is Medvescak Zagreb, an expansion team coming over from the EBEL. They need to completely overhaul their roster for next season or they are going to be blown out of the water and I guess they are asking pretty much every North American player with Croatian blood to sign to their team. I didn't know Sarich was part Croatian, but I'm pretty sure that is all that is. They only have a budget of like $10M so they must really want him if that's the case.

YoungGuns

May 22, 2013
Calgary, AB
long time lurker, first time poster. ive been reading these forums for many years but never took the time to register until today. hello to all the flames fans here. but yeah sarich...not sure why feaster even signed him last year. he was finally off the books and then was resigned to the team for 2 years on a 1 way contract with a NMC only to have him sit in the press box as a healthy scratch for 90% of the season. ridiculous! and babchuk was the same thing a year prior. not sure wth feaster was thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad