Rumor: Sarich to KHL?

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Some KHL team has submitted an offer to Sarich as well as a few other NHL players. Sarich's contract expires at the end of the 13-14 season. An unlikely move but interesting nonetheless.

Source: (translated) http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.24sata.hr%2Fhokej%2Fspasiba-rusi-medvescak-ce-imati-budzet-10-milijuna-eura-312506&act=url

You can find it in the 13th paragraph. For some reason his last name is translated to "Pavkovic" but if you read the original it's Sarich.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Doubt this is legit. Sarich wouldn't be able to leave anyway without the Flames permission since he still has a contract.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Doubt this is legit. Sarich wouldn't be able to leave anyway without the Flames permission since he still has a contract.
my thought was that perhaps he and the team have discussed him being a compliance buyout

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Not the greatest source but at the same time, who would make up bs rumours about Cory Sarich? I think Breen can step in on the bottom pair and do what Sarich does. Be slow, but physical in the corners and stick up for teammates.

Sarich also has an NMC (lel), which expires Jan. 1st, 2014

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
except Breen isn't slow.

I think at the NHL level he would be slow and needs to use good positioning to make sure he doesn't get burned. He can work on it over the summer. I hope he makes the team because I'd love to have a big Hall Gill-like mofo on the blueline.

Too bad he was injured otherwise we would definitely have seen him play.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
In the OP it says:

Could be an issue with the translation.

my thought was that perhaps he and the team have discussed him being a compliance buyout

Feaster did mention the organization was open to buyouts even though they weren't needed from a cap perspective. If they can't find a trading partner and the owners are actually okay with it, I could it happening. But I would think Sarich could still find an NHL contract somewhere.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
I think it's a legit source but just because Sarich is under contract doesn't mean a KHL can't submit offers to him.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
wait so are they wanting him next season or when his nhl contract is expired

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
just because Sarich is under contract doesn't mean a KHL can't submit offers to him.

Really? I know they are two different leagues, but isn't this tampering? Doesn't seem right. Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really? I know they are two different leagues, but isn't this tampering? Doesn't seem right. Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?
how can it be tampering? tampering doesn't cross over to plyers from other leagues. KHL teams can speak to players and make informal offers, but the player can't accept unless the team owning their NHL contract agrees to allow them. Even then I believe they have to clear waivers to be placed on loan.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
how can it be tampering? tampering doesn't cross over to plyers from other leagues. KHL teams can speak to players and make informal offers, but the player can't accept unless the team owning their NHL contract agrees to allow them. Even then I believe they have to clear waivers to be placed on loan.

Then why can't we sign Ramo until July? Something doesn't add up.

EDIT: nvm.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Then why can't we sign Ramo until July? Something doesn't add up.

EDIT: nvm.
Ramo can't be signed because he is a defected RFA, it's a clause in the NHL CBA. it would be the same July 5th date if Ramo was signed to an AHL contract somewhere

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
images

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
I could definitely see this happening, Sarich did not look impressed after his year end interview and I wouldn't be surprised if Feaster gave a KHL team permission to talk to him.

As far as finding a contract on another NHL team no one but Calgary called him during his last UFA period and they didn't bother picking up the phone for a couple of weeks after July 1st...

Personally I hope he does go over, he just doesn't have the legs to compete in the NHL anymore but is a stand up guy that deserves a chance somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad