Injury Report: Sandin knee on knee injury | UPD: Out 2-3 weeks

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
There is no question PLD and Pionk have targets on their chests now.
I'd have Stanley at the top of the list for his antics at the end (had raise gesture)
I'd posterize it and put it on the dressing room wall before the next game they play, or anytime the team needs a wake up call

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
My guess is 2-3 weeks + the time it takes to get back up to speed. That was ugly and as lucky as Sandin was, I suspect he'll be wary moving forward.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
A shout out to all those who wanted to trade Holl for a bag of pucks in order to free up cap space. 7 NHL Dmen is the bare minimum for any team hoping to go deep in the playoffs and more often than not, you need even more than that.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
A shout out to all those who wanted to trade Holl for a bag of pucks in order to free up cap space. 7 NHL Dmen is the bare minimum for any team hoping to go deep in the playoffs and more often than not, you need even more than that.

Absolutely true. I think the problem here is that many don't feel Holl is an NHL calibre defenceman ;-)

Reactions: crump

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
He's fine as a bottom pair, 6/7. Makes too much for that role though.

Agreed. The NHL more than any other league has this focus on a players salary and how that fits into the teams structure. It was the reason we had to trade away 3 or 4 guys over the past few seasons; thinking of Brown, Kapanen and Johnsson specifically. All good players in the bottom 6, but paid too much (based on our financial strucutre) to play there. Mind you, Holl is not nearly as good as any of them and a part of me feels he would have a tough time making any other NHL roster... but unless something else presents itself this is what we have.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Agreed.

On a related matter, if Sandin is out for three weeks, what is the over/under before someone starts to post again that we should trade Holl? 21.5 days?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Agreed.

On a related matter, if Sandin is out for three weeks, what is the over/under before someone starts to post again that we should trade Holl? 21.5 days?
We should trade him. He lacks focus. The attention to detail is inconsistent and will be a huge liability in the playoffs. Cauterize the wound now and they may have a chance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed.

Holl should always be looked at as a player that needs to be upgraded, nothing has changed.
Perhaps your opinion on things changes with the wind but not everyone carrys such a narrow view.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Feel so bad for the guy

He made big steps this year, and is looking like a solid NHL dman

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Sandin is playing like the player he is, a talented, offensively gifted defensemen who has some limitations based on his skating, offset by his sense of the game. He's young, will make mistakes, and will hopefully develop into a solid 2nd pairing Dman. If he can improve his skating just a little bit, he'll be a wonderful addition to the team. As is, he's a very good addition given his age and experience.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
wow. That's nothing but positive news considering how he looked going off the ice. It's still a hard road back, but at least he's not in a suit at practice watching from the press box hoping to return by playoffs or next season

They projected 3 weeks,
I’m thinking probably more like 4-5 but who knows. Definitely encouraging he’s back skating already. Did not look good at all when it happened, very dirty hit.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
A bag of pucks would make fewer mistakes. Holl won’t be playing for us at the end of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad