Injury Report: Sandin knee on knee injury | UPD: Out 2-3 weeks

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
A bag of pucks would make fewer mistakes. Holl won’t be playing for us at the end of the year.

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. A bag of pucks wow, no need to be that harsh and giving him away would be dumb, I think you know that.

I get it, it seems like Holl is #1 on everyone's hate list these days but I'll tell you what, I'm rooting for him to get his shit together and be a good player for us once again and as long as he is a Maple Leaf, I will be supporting for him just like I have always supported every player on this team. And obviously it would awesome if could find his game again because nobody's going to give us a reliable Dman for nothing, those assets cost a ton. I really don't want to again trade a 1st round pick for a rental but it's not easy to see what else we have to give that could give us a substantial upgrade on the blueline.

:thumbu:

:laugh: The post you quoted didn't age well.

So what, we've reached the end of time according to you and there's zero chance that Holl can contribute as a 3rd pairing guy? He is of no use to us whatsoever, even as a 7th Dman? Do tell genius, who are the 7 guys we can count on to be better than Holl?

I'm all for replacing him with someone better but until we have that replacement, the fact remains that you need more than 6 Dmen going into the playoffs which was the main point of my post and it's "aged" quite well whether you understand that or not. IIRC recent cup winners have used as many as 9 Dmen in the long playoff grind, perhaps it's been so long since we went deep that you've forgotten what it's like?

All players have their ups and downs. Holl's sucked for some time now but he also played well for so long before that that it's a bit too early to say that he will never again be a useful NHL player. You guys need to have a little bit of patience sometimes, sheesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad