Waived: Sami Niku on waivers

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Apparently Hughes and Gorton also recognize that he is horrendous......as well as Winnipeg who discarded him like a hot turd.
Well, he's not great. But are you sure that's it? I see it more like he won't complain about going to Laval and he'll really help them out.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
For anybody with 10 games or more, he's the only one with a + rating (+3... Clague is 0). I was surprised to see that but he's also getting 60% of his starts in the offensive zone. In terms of being a trusted option in his own end? I think he is meh but so are many others.

Look at his Blocks, Hits, Giveaways, and Takeaways per 60 min. Nothing really stands out other than his hits being low.

VK46MGz.jpg
Pretty crazy he's 3rd on the team in blocks per 60 with so many offensive zone starts.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is anyone really going to pick up this guy? He has a $425 K guaranteed salary as a minor leaguer, even if it would be pro rated relative to the time remaining in the season.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is anyone really going to pick up this guy? He has a $425 K guaranteed salary as a minor leaguer, even if it would be pro rated relative to the time remaining in the season.

I thought Niku had a slight chance of getting claimed but after reading this about his minors salary I'm not so sure now.

I've just put on my Darren Dreger hat asking what it thinks and it's telling me that there's a very good chance that Niku may or may not get claimed today so there you go. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow . That GM got balls :sarcasm:

Thats a real sucker for punishment post. :laugh:

Yeah, that GM sent him down without first interviewing him. Go figure. :D

You can’t even respect a simple commitment to ignore my posts.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Taxi Squad it is. The good news is that if they choose to send him down to Laval, they can do it at any moment they want. He already cleared.

would be nice to see him sent down to Laval... especially if CC finally gets sent down and perhaps Poehling if we ever see the fwd group get healthy. Having some young guys finish the year tearing it up in the AHL to carry some positive energy into the offseason would be great

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Taxi Squad it is. The good news is that if they choose to send him down to Laval, they can do it at any moment they want. He already cleared.

Can't imagine he's in the NHL next season. He's probably in Europe.

I would eventually like Poehling and Caufield sent down and work at getting Laval into then through the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00