Waived: Sami Niku on waivers

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Wasn't good enough when we claimed him, even with our decimated line up.

Looking forward to the TDL and a hopeful clearout of dead veteran wood.
We didn’t claimed Niku, we signed him on September 24th 2021 after his contract was terminated by the Jets.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Niku is so bad along the boards, that I would be seriously shocked if anybody claims him. He's Laval bound, where he can hopefully get some help and fix all the problems in his game. Hughes said he wants to figure out problems with players and help them improve... well, here is one hell of a reclamation project! Show us the impossible Hughes!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't say I've watched a ton of habs hockey this year, but I was not impressed at all by Niku.

Although, thats probably not a fair assessment when the entire team looks like a tire fire. That looks bad on the coaches.

Reactions: rik schau

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Disagree. Think he'd been one of the better D on the team.

Not that that's really saying much though.

Apparently Hughes and Gorton also recognize that he is horrendous......as well as Winnipeg who discarded him like a hot turd.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I somehow cant imagine he was the worst D on the team when:

13gp 0g 6a 6p and +3

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Not sure you'll get much for any of them though.

The price for Chiarot has been mentioned as a late 1st for a while - even if he might have played himself out of that (probably not), a 2nd should be easily obtainable.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Disagree. Think he'd been one of the better D on the team.

Not that that's really saying much though.

For anybody with 10 games or more, he's the only one with a + rating (+3... Clague is 0). I was surprised to see that but he's also getting 60% of his starts in the offensive zone. In terms of being a trusted option in his own end? I think he is meh but so are many others.

Look at his Blocks, Hits, Giveaways, and Takeaways per 60 min. Nothing really stands out other than his hits being low.

VK46MGz.jpg

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad