Speculation: Sam Reinhart - Next contract discussion

Will Reinhart re-sign in Florida, if so, what contract does he sign?

• Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $8 to 9 million per

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Figure this could use a bump?

Definitely a big topic of conversation this offseason, whether to extend or possibly trade.
He's definitely turned it on since the first 15 games or so.

Screenshot_20230402_142608_theScore.jpg

Has anyone changed their mind or do you have similar thoughts from earlier in the year?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think you try to extend him if the price is reasonable, and if not, well,

I'll say this: I don't think it's possible -- not in a thousand years -- that he again flubs as many prime scoring chances / open net opportunities as he has this year. It's been kind of surreal, honestly.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think you try to extend him if the price is reasonable, and if not, well,

I'll say this: I don't think it's possible -- not in a thousand years -- that he again flubs as many prime scoring chances / open net opportunities as he has this year. It's been kind of surreal, honestly.
The flubs man. They are so bad that I just want him gone. A guy that “unlucky” just needs to go, unless he wants to be paid like a guy who flubs, then sure, stick around. But I’m ready to move on if he wants more than $4.

• Haha
Reactions: pantherbot

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Guy is underrated. Just because he misses several great chances makes people overlook his other qualities: Good one the boards, smart player, backchecks well, can play with anybody, good puckhandler in D-zone and entering the O-zone and even was our best FO guy over the last games.

I also was at a point when I was fed up with him missing grade A chances. But we will miss this guy so much when he is gone...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Guy is underrated. Just because he misses several great chances makes people overlook his other qualities: Good one the boards, smart player, backchecks well, can play with anybody, good puckhandler in D-zone and entering the O-zone and even was our best FO guy over the last games.

I also was at a point when I was fed up with him missing grade A chances. But we will miss this guy so much when he is gone...
Plus he has a killer tick that probably allows him to win 90% of his faceoffs

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
That’s the thing. In my opinion, aside from his success last season, I haven’t seen him click with anyone on this team. Sure, he goes up and down the lineup. He gets chances with them, but doesn’t bury them, sure. Shoots every line he’s on in the foot. He feels like a filler on every line he’s on. He’s not doing anything for me this season. I think he can be replaced and improved. For 7+ give me a game breaker, not a face off guy/ line filler that flubs for an entire season.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I wouldnt be opposed to trading him, but it better be a damn good deal.

I'll say what I said in a previous GDT.

Sam Reinhart imo is the type of player to age well because of his reliance on smarts rather than physical tools. Unlike Duclair, Bennett and Verhaege. Not saying they are dumb players, but it's not their greatest assets either like it is for reinhart, and they have some clear physical tools that Reinhart lacks.

Yet despite this, career wise he's still the most productive player on the team excluding Barkov and Tkachuk. I think he'll age better than them.

He's paced for at least 60 points since 2018-19

To compare to our other top 6 forwards, Bennett's highest pace in his career doesn't top any season Reinhart has had since 2018.

Duclair has only ever paced for 60 points twice in his career.

Verhaege is the only one that matches Reinhart's production, but Reinhart has been doing it for longer.

Let's not forget he was doing this on a Sabres team with far less offensive help. Right now, he's been our most snakebitten player and he's still our 4th most productive forward.

While I'm not sure he'll match his PPG season from last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him produce more than he has now in the upcoming years (if we were to keep him)

Lastly. Stylistically, he's the only player other than Tkachuk that's productive as a net front presence with his deflections and tips. We need more of that given we have one of the more offensively talented dcore in the league in terms of goals scored and shots taken.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I wouldnt be opposed to trading him, but it better be a damn good deal.

I'll say what I said in a previous GDT.

Sam Reinhart imo is the type of player to age well because of his reliance on smarts rather than physical tools. Unlike Duclair, Bennett and Verhaege. Not saying they are dumb players, but it's not their greatest assets either like it is for reinhart, and they have some clear physical tools that Reinhart lacks.

Yet despite this, career wise he's still the most productive player on the team excluding Barkov and Tkachuk. I think he'll age better than them.

He's paced for at least 60 points since 2018-19

To compare to our other top 6 forwards, Bennett's highest pace in his career doesn't top any season Reinhart has had since 2018.

Duclair has only ever paced for 60 points twice in his career.

Verhaege is the only one that matches Reinhart's production, but Reinhart has been doing it for longer.

Let's not forget he was doing this on a Sabres team with far less offensive help. Right now, he's been our most snakebitten player and he's still our 4th most productive forward.

While I'm not sure he'll match his PPG season from last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him produce more than he has now in the upcoming years (if we were to keep him)

Lastly. Stylistically, he's the only player other than Tkachuk that's productive as a net front presence with his deflections and tips. We need more of that given we have one of the more offensively talented dcore in the league in terms of goals scored and shots taken.
Agreed… He’s the one who got us into OT against TOR (before the absolute bum Barkov got miraculously lucky with a pass to total superstar Monty).

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Always been a fan of Reinhart and have consistently been against trading him. Frustrating season for him, but who would we replace him with if traded for D? We think the offense is rough with him.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
He's scoring 30 goals with a 15% shooting percentage in a season even he supposedly is flubbing all good chances....? I think it only looks like that because he gets so many good opportunities.
That's true. (Although I see 13% on hockey ref)

Surprisingly though, his 13.6% shooting percentage this year is still the lowest it's been since 2018 where he's been above a 15% shooting percentage until now

It's frustrating to watch, but the fact he gets as many chances as he does is a good thing even if he doesn't usually put them in.

Reactions: harv33173

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
That’s the thing. In my opinion, aside from his success last season, I haven’t seen him click with anyone on this team. Sure, he goes up and down the lineup. He gets chances with them, but doesn’t bury them, sure. Shoots every line he’s on in the foot. He feels like a filler on every line he’s on. He’s not doing anything for me this season. I think he can be replaced and improved. For 7+ give me a game breaker, not a face off guy/ line filler that flubs for an entire season.
And yet he is still probably going to pot 30 goals. 30g scorers don’t grow on trees. I say sign him if it’s reasonable.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He's scoring 30 goals with a 15% shooting percentage in a season even he supposedly is flubbing all good chances....? I think it only looks like that because he gets so many good opportunities.

He's the guy who gets handed all of the layups on the power play. He should probably have 40 goals, or close to it.

Again, I don't think he's ever going to have luck this bad over a full season again, but it's super frustrating.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lundell struggling and Rein having to leap around lines and center doesn't do him any favors. I get the PP misses but he still is close to 30 which is really good for his salary.

We were happy with Hoffman's scoring and hated everything else because he was a Hoffboy.

Reino scores slightly less (5 to 6 less) but actually closes games for defensive purposes and fights along the boards.

Why would we get rid of him?

Duclair has blown for 2 playoff trips now, had an absurd 18% shooting percentage last season that it could be called the aberration.

I would keep Reino at 7-7.5 over Duke at 3 all day everyday.

That being said, I'll absolutely chirp him endless for missing an empty net from 1 inch out

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Lundell struggling and Rein having to leap around lines and center doesn't do him any favors. I get the PP misses but he still is close to 30 which is really good for his salary.

We were happy with Hoffman's scoring and hated everything else because he was a Hoffboy.

Reino scores slightly less (5 to 6 less) but actually closes games for defensive purposes and fights along the boards.

Why would we get rid of him?

Duclair has blown for 2 playoff trips now, had an absurd 18% shooting percentage last season that it could be called the aberration.

I would keep Reino at 7-7.5 over Duke at 3 all day everyday.

That being said, I'll absolutely chirp him endless for missing an empty net from 1 inch out

I think that will be the scenario yes…

That’s why I’m even more pissed at Duke’s production since coming back !

If only he scored a little, we could say he is getting back to form, and find his groove, and get value out of him.

With his performances since the comeback, we would be lucky to get a third for the guy…

And you know that if we get in the playoffs, this is not where his value will get pumped either.

The guy was responsible for the Sabres disallowed goal last night, with his brain-dead and soft-ass play on the board, behind the net… Duke wouldn’t have survived our training camp !

Keep the Sams, ALWAYS keep the Sams !!!

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We've created many ~30 goal guys dating back to Marchessault of recent past.

Barkov, Verheaghe and Tkachuk should all be 30ish goal players for a while.

Dadonov had 28 twice
Hoffman had 36 and 29 in 69 games
Trocheck had 30
Huberdeau had 30
Duclair had 31
Reinhart back to back 30 goal

We can produce multiple 20+ goal guys and have ability to create 30 goal guys as well. Not saying to get rid of Reinhart just because but if he's able to land a top 4 D we can re-sign, go for it.

If not, I'm just unsure we give out another long term deal on forward that may be close to 8 mil per.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: