Rumor: Sam Girard for forward help [ MOD warning # 274 ]

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Chambers has exactly zero idea what is going on in Colorado. Any “insider” that’s pretends they do is joking themselves. They don’t leak stuff and if someone said girard was the main piece or girard is being shopped you can 100% guarantee it didn’t come from the avalanche

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Plenty of available options from Anaheim if they're looking for NHL ready players: Henrique and Silfverberg (with retention) and Rakell (with extension?) They can mix and match whoever they like and Grant and Deslauriers are also available if they need bottom 6 help.

Reactions: shadow1 and bsu

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Mike Chambers is not a reliable source of information on any topic.

That said, the Avs need a 2C in the worst way. I'd be very surprised if G were moved for a winger of any caliber.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Girard thrives when he is on the 2nd pair and with a big stay at home defenceman who will cover for his pinches. The Avs have Byram and Toews on the left side, making Sammy G a bit redundant.

G isn't the type of player that you can throw anywhere in the lineup, but if you can tailor his zone starts and D partner, you are getting a great Defenceman

Reactions: returnofthemack29

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Girard thrives when he is on the 2nd pair and with a big stay at home defenceman who will cover for his pinches. The Avs have Byram and Toews on the left side, making Sammy G a bit redundant.

G isn't the type of player that you can throw anywhere in the lineup, but if you can tailor his zone starts and D partner, you are getting a great Defenceman
Sounds like the perfect partner for Scott Mayfield, but I'd be weary of acquiring him after last year's playoffs

Reactions: BHD

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Wtf lol? Why lie like that? The best hockey he has ever played was in a top pairing role with Toews last year. He’s historically struggled with bigger defenseman aside from EJ. He struggled horribly with Zadorov and Graves. He played more minutes with Ryan Graves in last years playoffs than any other player and it was far and away the worst hockey he’s ever played in his career.

Girard thrives with other defenseman who transition the puck well. Barrie, Toews, Makar and Byram have been the partners he’s succeeded with. Not Graves/Zadorov/Nemeth. That’s a very strange take.

Also why in the hell would you want to limit Girard’s zone starts lol. He’s a transition guru. It’s the most elite part of his game. Retrieving pucks in his own zone and transitioning it forward is his game. He’s one of the best in the game at it.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
No idea what his value would be around the league. I don't think he's as good as his numbers say tbh and I'm sure every GM was watching him play in the playoffs last year.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If Chambers is to be believed (I don’t believe him), Avs would be trading for a long term 2C solution. Girard is a top pairing D man the Avs can play on their second unit. He also happens to be on an incredible long term contract. A trade for him would have to appear as an overpayment IMO.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
No idea what his value would be around the league. I don't think he's as good as his numbers say tbh and I'm sure every GM was watching him play in the playoffs last year.

Um he’s better than his numbers. A zone exit master, with underrated defensive skill on a great contract,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad