Player Discussion Sam Carrick

VerdadII

Mar 7, 2024
Carrick is garbage, see first Leaf goal last night.
Henrique is worse.

Holland is an abjecdt incompetent.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

MathiasWall

Mar 21, 2024
Yes, Sam Carrick really made an impression in his role! His game is becoming more confident and he is showing excellent results on the ice. Let's hope he continues his form and demonstrates his skills in the playoffs. It is important to have a player who can perform at key moments in the season. Good luck to him and the whole team at the upcoming games!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes, Sam Carrick really made an impression in his role! His game is becoming more confident and he is showing excellent results on the ice. Let's hope he continues his form and demonstrates his skills in the playoffs. It is important to have a player who can perform at key moments in the season. Good luck to him and the whole team at the upcoming games!
Interesting assertion.

1711403028682.png

• Wow
Reactions: MathiasWall

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Henrique and Carrick both sitting in the low 40s% in xGF%....sheesh.
To be fair, this is for all strengths.

At least, Henrique is slowly trending better though after a laughably terrible three game stretch for xGA (Washington, Colorado, Montreal). Carrick's xGA/60 seems to be going up though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To be fair, this is for all strengths.

At least, Henrique is slowly trending better though after a laughably terrible three game stretch for xGA (Washington, Colorado, Montreal). Carrick's xGA/60 seems to be going up though.
Nothing at all should be asserted in such short sample. Really it should preclude even showing the stats to this point.

That said the other poster was wrong on what Carrick has been showing so far.

Reactions: McOilers97 and bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Nothing at all should be asserted in such short sample. Really it should preclude even showing the stats to this point.

That said the other poster was wrong on what Carrick has been showing so far.

Yeah, I agree even though I was the one posting it. It may have been more quick and to the point to show him how Carrick was on the ice for 3 GA in just over one minute of PK on Sunday, and his coverage on the TO GA was also pretty poor, so he's full marks for getting a game off after his weekend.

7 goals against in 8 games isn't a good look from a guy you want as your 4th line centre. I don't hate his game, but I'm not convinced about him being that helpful yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, I agree even though I was the one posting it. It may have been more quick and to the point to show him how Carrick was on the ice for 3 GA in just over one minute of PK on Sunday, and his coverage on the TO GA was also pretty poor, so he's full marks for getting a game off after his weekend.

7 goals against in 8 games isn't a good look from a guy you want as your 4th line centre. I don't hate his game, but I'm not convinced about him being that helpful yet.
Understood totally. Carrick hasn't been good so far. Thought he had some good looks for us early and scored the goal. Since, he's been disappointing and not even showing up in Ontario while our stars were being run in those games is a big red flag to me. he did fight once for us. Not certain if he got hurt but he's not been physical enough for my liking either. The thing is his role hree is not confusing at all, it isn't complicated. He doesn't seem to be unpacking that. Its more noticeable as we have a present shortage in lineup of attributes Carrick is supposed to be bringing.

That said too short a time frame to make any conclusions but I think he's already getting a message from coach that he hasn't been bringing enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad