Speculation: Sam Bennett Trade Talk

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Ron Maclean was on HNIC with Sutter and asked him about Bennett. Sutter said he likes Bennett and wants to work with him. He thinks he's a good player and can really help the team.
Well whats he supposed to say? The guys garbage and I told Tre to make sure he's out the door before I get there?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
The trouble with getting Debrusk is that we'll be doubling down on the LW log jam. Too many of them now, forcing the team to play then on their off wing.

I agree that in theory a RH shot would be ideal but we still have Lucic and Nordstrom/Bennett as our regular LW’s and could really use Debrusk in that 3LW spot. Not worth a first or anything but I don’t see many comparable RH options that could be available for Bennett+pick. Still target an RW like an Arvidsson or Reinhart ideally but they’ll be way more expensive and not avaliable for Bennett+

Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Dube
Debrusk-Backlund-Lucic
Nordstrom-Ryan-Ritchie

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I know there’s huge love affair with DeBrusk on HF, but he’s not that special of a player. All things being equal, yeah we do that deal. But I think Bennett is a way more valuable player when games matter.
That is a loaded point, "when games matter"!
Every freakin' game matters this shortened season and custom made-up division! Bennett is still Not very effective every or even most games this year.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
tenor.gif

Bennett has his change of scenery. The AHL caliber head coach has been relieved of his duties. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs caliber head coach will harness the most talented Calgary Flame.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I agree that in theory a RH shot would be ideal but we still have Lucic and Nordstrom/Bennett as our regular LW’s and could really use Debrusk in that 3LW spot. Not worth a first or anything but I don’t see many comparable RH options that could be available for Bennett+pick. Still target an RW like an Arvidsson or Reinhart ideally but they’ll be way more expensive and not avaliable for Bennett+

Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Dube
Debrusk-Backlund-Lucic
Nordstrom-Ryan-Ritchie

Thats actually potentially quite nice?
Any thoughts on looking elsewhere and offering:
Benny-Money and Hanifin to Ana Ducks, for,
Rikard Rackell- Jakob Silfverberg-Hampus Lindholm?
Not enough for us? Or, not enough in Ana's want?
Could be an interesting swap.
Hampus L with Ras could an interesting top pair?
Maybe Tkachuk-Backlund-Silfverberg, and
JohnnyG-Rackell-Lindholm/ or Lindholm (C)-RRackell(rw), then Mangi-Dube-Leivo and Looch-Ryan-Ritchie/Nordstrom?
H Lindhom-Ras,
Kylington-Tanev,
Vali-Nesterov/Mackey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad