Salvaging recent first round disappointments.

Which 3 do you think have the highest chance of becoming quality NHLers.

• Zadina (DET 2018)

Votes: 58 33.1%
  • Wahlstrom (NYI 2018)

Votes: 102 58.3%
  • Hayton (AZ 2018)

Votes: 87 49.7%
  • Dellandrea (Dallas 2018)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Turcotte (LA 2019)

Votes: 114 65.1%
  • Glass (Nashville currently, 2017)

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Owen Tippet (Philly currently, 2017 draft)

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Glass had a really good AHL season after seemingly being handled poorly by Vegas. I expect to see him as a good NHLer, although idk if he'll turn out to be a star.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People were calling Zadina a bust last year at his age and, to be frank, he had shown a lot more in the NHL than Turcotte had at that point
Zadina was spoon-fed a big role in the NHL, and did nothing with it.

Turcotte wasn’t even given that role in the AHL. He has to fight for scraps. His AHL stats are without significant PP time. Sometimes, no PP time. His few NHL games were garbage minutes.

If Turcotte was given the role that Zadina was given, he’d be considered one of the best players from his draft by everyone.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Kinda weird to see the flip this site has had on Turcotte considering how much he's played since he was drafted. I haven't watched more than a handful of games he's been in, but this site had him pegged as a potential great player not too long ago. Sounds like the kids biggest obstacle so far is just staying healthy.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Zadina was spoon-fed a big role in the NHL, and did nothing with it.

Turcotte wasn’t even given that role in the AHL. He has to fight for scraps. His AHL stats are without significant PP time. Sometimes, no PP time. His few NHL games were garbage minutes.

If Turcotte was given the role that Zadina was given, he’d be considered one of the best players from his draft by everyone.

The only people that had a better 5v5 PPG in Ontario were Frk and Tynan, dude just raw did not get PP time, it was insane and maddening.

I think people are gonna be in shock when Byfield, Turc, and others finally get some PP time. It might not be his BIGGEST skillset but right now he's earning the hardest points.

Hell friggin Kaliyev was our leading PP goal scorer and he only got 30 seconds at the end of every powerplay when the vets were dragging their corpses off the ice after losing possession in our end.

A lot of people are confusing the Kings kids not being in the NHL or not being in big roles in the NHL as their fault when the biggest culprit is the Kings' mishandling, hell the only reason Durzi and Spence were allowed to do what they did is the Kings lost 10 dmen before them...and suddenly they look like geniuses because they kids they buried outperformed the regulars. I expect some of that from the forwards this year, including Turcotte if he's healthy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad