Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Anybody who flops on the ice, gets carried off, then is back 30 seconds later deserves skepticism.
Too much of a generic response. Players hit with a puck in the ankle (stinger) crawl off the ice all the time and return next shift. Stick to the face and so on. When you crash into the boards it friggin hurts but you man up and play on. Let's not judge players on how they deal with pain.

Reactions: Tarantula

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Too much of a generic response. Players hit with a puck in the ankle (stinger) crawl off the ice all the time and return next shift. Stick to the face and so on. When you crash into the boards it friggin hurts but you man up and play on. Let's not judge players on how they deal with pain.

pretending like players don't sell calls and "fake pain" is generic and naive.
you do you boo! i'll continue to be skeptical if a player goes from unable to stand on his own to the powerplay!

Reactions: All the Answers

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
pretending like players don't sell calls and "fake pain" is generic and naive.
you do you boo! i'll continue to be skeptical!
Nobody is "pretending they don't, but saying a player is when they just got shoved into the boards is a stretch on faking pain. I think the hit to the "head" and then the acting that followed is more in the category of what you are describing. Be safe.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Nobody is "pretending they don't, but saying a player is when they just got shoved into the boards is a stretch on faking pain. I think the hit to the "head" and then the acting that followed is more in the category of what you are describing. Be safe.

i'm not sure if you watched the game or just the hit, but you would have to have see how bad it looked going down the tunnel, and how quickly he was back on the ice appreciate what i'm describing. cheers!

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
I originally thought Oke sold his hit but the fact he's missed time indicates I was clearly wrong and I wish him the best on a speedy recovery.
I thought that too in the moment but when he skated off I knew it was serious and then Papineau skated across during the intermission in full gear so I was worried.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
U18 Round 1 Saginaw takes Zander Kechego. Seems like a nice pick. Will be open spots next year. Might push for one.

Reactions: LDN

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Looks like Hache is done for this series. That's as clear of a slewfoot as I've seen in person.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Oke, Parekh & now Hache. Talk about 3 huge losses. Have such mixed feelings on slewfoots being automatic 2 games come playoffs. Seems excessive when u look around at what more dangerous hits receive.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Oke, Parekh & now Hache. Talk about 3 huge losses. Have such mixed feelings on slewfoots being automatic 2 games come playoffs. Seems excessive when u look around at what more dangerous hits receive.
2 game suspension for that and yet mcconnell Barker gets nothing for taking out our goalie and scores 2 goals...garbage.

Oh, and are all the soo fans feeling bad about saying parekh was faking and now he's out for tonight and who knows how much longer... Of course not

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Looks like Hache is done for this series. That's as clear of a slewfoot as I've seen in person.

Wait I thought the refs were biased in favor of Saginaw and Hache? SSM fans changing their story now? What’s the new conspiracy? Maybe John R will shut up now

Hell miss 2. Unless they can be bought back which honestly no idea how that works

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
Hey guys.. seriously though. What's the the deal with Zayne. He actually hurt or being sat for other reasons? Definitely notice that void out there tonight.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Wait I thought the refs were biased in favor of Saginaw and Hache? SSM fans changing their story now? What’s the new conspiracy? Maybe John R will shut up now

Hell miss 2. Unless they can be bought back which honestly no idea how that works
It's kind of hard to not call something so cut and dry, even if one were favouring a player like you suggest. A Greyhounds player (Keeghan Howdeshell) got the same suspension years ago in a key series and it was not bought back, so I suspect not. I don't know how it works though.

Last edited:

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
2 game suspension for that and yet mcconnell Barker gets nothing for taking out our goalie and scores 2 goals...garbage.

Oh, and are all the soo fans feeling bad about saying parekh was faking and now he's out for tonight and who knows how much longer... Of course not
He's out due to illness listen to your broadcasting guy that's what he said, has nothing to do with the clean body check he took

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
You guys made a ton of deals this season, but I don't think any of them are as important as Donovan. Steep price, but man, that kid can play any game. Skill, speed, toughness. What a pickup.
What a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
You guys made a ton of deals this season, but I don't think any of them are as important as Donovan. Steep price, but man, that kid can play any game. Skill, speed, toughness. What a pickup.
What a pleasure to watch.
Dionisio is quite the d-man very skilled and evasive, but he has a short fuse and he shows it during the game

Reactions: OHLfan200

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017

He got kicked out actually, and the hit was incidental outside of the blue paint. I didn’t know about the automatic 2 gamer?
I didn’t feel the hache incident was a match imo.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
He got kicked out actually, and the hit was incidental outside of the blue paint. I didn’t know about the automatic 2 gamer?
I didn’t feel the hache incident was a match imo.
Slewfloots come with an automatic match penalty, due to the potential for severe injury. The refs didn't have a choice on that call and I do think that the automatic suspension will be upheld. We got screwed on the same thing a while back.

People would feel differently about the BMB-Oke collision if they realized that no contact was made with Oke's head, but the incorrect initial call created that narrative. He would have been suspended if he hit his head.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Slewfloots come with an automatic match penalty, due to the potential for severe injury. The refs didn't have a choice on that call and I do think that the automatic suspension will be upheld. We got screwed on the same thing a while back.

People would feel differently about the BMB-Oke collision if they realized that no contact was made with Oke's head, but the incorrect initial call created that narrative. He would have been suspended if he hit his head.
Makes sense. To be honest I didn’t see the play the best. It looked like he slew-footed him but I thought maybe I was just biased. I try to tell people BMB isn’t a malicious player, and I completely agree here.

Reactions: Fischhaber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad