Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Nice on Generalsupdates - I like it when you take a personal shot because it shows that potentially other then the Robinson trade that Gens & Sags have some strategy in play for Perfetti and they partnered together on this strategy before the draft

Everyone and their mother has been rumouring that the Gens and SAG made a pre-draft arrangement for Perfetti. But you coming in with "Generals will send Robinson (moms family is from the area) to Sag with 2 active players + 2 future draft picks" is funny because that trade is literally impossible to happen for 2 different reasons (1- They could only trade Perfetti for draft picks. 2- You're only allowed to trade guys drafted in the 1st round and Robinson was a 2nd rounder), so I don't know why you're pretending to know things that clearly you don't know

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Nice on Generalsupdates - I like it when you take a personal shot because it shows that potentially other then the Robinson trade that Gens & Sags have some strategy in play for Perfetti and they partnered together on this strategy before the draft

nothing to do with robinson and everything to do with this rumour that you claim came from someone in the OHL literally is against the rules lol. it cant happen.

good old hockey dads. if you dont like being called out, dont make things up.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looks like Perfetti is at rookie camp in Saginaw. If they could sign him Wilde and Turcotte plus some solid OA's and import draft prospects this team could be very good very quick.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Looks like Perfetti is at rookie camp in Saginaw. If they could sign him Wilde and Turcotte plus some solid OA's and import draft prospects this team could be very good very quick.
If he's at camp does that eliminate the possibility of declaring him defective or does he have to sign to eliminate that possibility?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
At camp and playing on a line with Porco I read on talkspirit. Implications I am not aware of and have no idea about being defective?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Interesting, Im not confident about Perfetti signing, but good for you guys!! Good to see some high risk players going to smaller markets, and now you won’t hear from Generalsupdates for a little while.....

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Not sure what's more exciting, seeing Perfetti at camp or waiting to see Generalsupdates response if he signs.

Sounded like Generalsupdates had some concrete info and had him penciled in the lineup! Lol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Perfetti was at rookie camp in Saginaw, some post said that he will sign after camp, well did he...

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Perfetti was at rookie camp in Saginaw, some post said that he will sign after camp, well did he...

I wasn't in town this weekend so I didn't get to attend camp or hear any of the rumors around Perfetti to hear if they were from good sources. But if they did under Drinkell, Saginaw hasn't been announcing signings at actual camp. They usually bring them to town separately and have a media day regarding the signing.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Not sure what's more exciting, seeing Perfetti at camp or waiting to see Generalsupdates response if he signs.

Sounded like Generalsupdates had some concrete info and had him penciled in the lineup! Lol

Wtf are you talking about? LOL

1) I have no idea who you are, have we ever even had any kind of conversation before...?

2) concrete info? I was told (and posted the convo) the day before they draft that Hunt might've talked a team into taking Perfetti and flipping him to the Gens and it sounds like SAG and then the next day SAG took him 5th overall and Perfetti didn't show up for the picture while Cardwell/Lennox did.

So if Perfetti did have a drastic change of heart and SAG sold him on their program (because he clearly didn't want to go right after the draft, he wouldn't even show up for the pic), how is that an insult to me....? Lol

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If Perfetti decides to sign sort of changes the previous outcome of what was originally thought in the reported selling him to Oshawa for half dozen or so picks. Now if he signs could lure some more top talent to want to play with elite talent that surrounds the team. If Wilde, Turcotte, and Perfetti signed they could create a very competitive team that benefits everyone.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
If Perfetti decides to sign sort of changes the previous outcome of what was originally thought in the reported selling him to Oshawa for half dozen or so picks. Now if he signs could lure some more top talent to want to play with elite talent that surrounds the team. If Wilde, Turcotte, and Perfetti signed they could create a very competitive team that benefits everyone.
There's are alot of ifs in your post.:laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

If those guys commit (even just Perfetti+Wilde) gotta think SAG would move up there with the very early West favs. Obviously would need a goalie though

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

He is notorious on these forums for trolling other threads and spreading false information, masquerading as an 'insider'. Your best bet is simply to ignore people like that.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Naz, not only ifs but some luck in negotiations. The opportunity is there for it to happen DD has a chance to show he can get the high skill guys to sign. Starts with one.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
He is notorious on these forums for trolling other threads and spreading false information, masquerading as an 'insider'. Your best bet is simply to ignore people like that.

Still waiting for you to respond to him dunking on you on your own thread.... (Wtf am I doing sticking up for a Gens fan) but you're the one who went way out telling everyone who would listen how great Villalta is only to completely backtrack and blame him for your team losing. Kind of ironic that youre now saying someone else is a pretend insider. Nobody on the hfboards gets more stuff wrong than you do:huh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I’d love 1 example of that happening. Just 1 example. I get you’re embarrassed that I put the screenshot of you calling me an idiot and that I know nothing because I said Villalta wasn’t good and then you made the long post about how he’s actually the worst. There’s only one of us here who goes back on what they say and pretend to know things they don’t....

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Can’t we all just get along?

Majority of the people on here are good people that are here for good conversations. Unfortunately there are the odd people who just want to belittle people and of course are wrong 95% of the time but still run their mouth like they know it all. I need to do a better job of ignoring them hahah

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Speaking of conversation with draft around the corner how many players get drafted?
Jenkins 2nd
Everett 5th
Goldowski 7th - my surprise big kid and showed he could score
Not to mention Giroux, Grondin and Coskey all have a chance and could go in the late rounds?
Good job by the scouting staff in that draft.
Edit- Wilde 1st

Last edited:

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Speaking of conversation with draft around the corner how many players get drafted?
Jenkins 2nd
Everett 5th
Goldowski 7th - my surprise big kid and showed he could score
Not to mention Giroux, Grondin and Coskey all have a chance and could go in the late rounds?
Good job by the scouting staff in that draft.
Edit- Wilde 1st

I think both Girouix and Grondin will go as well as the other players listed. Grondin will go to a team that likes his size, Girouix will be the same as Gilmour, go to Detroit late for a small skilled but great character kid!

Coskey, well I am a huge fan, but I just don't see him getting drafted. His numbers say he should, but there is something about him that I think NHL teams will stay away from. His route will be able to choose a team from multiple invites to NHL camps, that where he needs to go and play hard and a contract could be awarded to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad